2023 CBJ Grip Showcases
This year we are planning at least these two Grip Showcase events:
- May 18 in Pittsburgh – held at Iron City Boulders during the official CWA Summit after party – voting will be held online for both onsite and virtual attendees
- June 24 in Salt Lake City – held at The Front during the Setter Summit – voting process will be held onsite using Pebble
SEE GRIP SHOWCASE SALT LAKE CITY
SEE GRIP SHOWCASE PITTSBURGH RESULTS
As lifelong fans of routesetting and indoor climbing, the team at CBJ has always celebrated the beautiful holds and creative movements that build the experience we love. Arguably every route on every wall is a piece of functional artwork.
The CBJ Grip Showcase grew from this base appreciation and is rooted in events where industry insiders gather. Decades ago, pro-level competitions realized the value—for both comp sponsors and media aesthetics—of an entire route being composed of holds from the same company. At early CWA Summits, the after parties at The Spot featured branded dynos for fun mini-comps. And at the 2019 Summit in Loveland, the local gym Wooden Mountain took it a step further when they set their entire gym with branded routes—dubbed the Shape Gallery—and CBJ held a vote for the “favorite” brand. This is where the concept behind the Grip Showcase was born. Three years later, the first CBJ Grip Showcase was held at The Front South Main alongside the 2022 CWA Summit.
Grip List Showcase Awards
Each Grip Showcase incorporates a vote, and the winner of the vote earns the Grip List Showcase Award. EP Climbing won the Pittsburgh 2023 vote, and Grizzly Holds won both the Salt Lake City 2022 and Loveland 2019 votes.
Sponsors of CBJ Grip Showcases:
- Blue Pill
- Community Climbing Equipment
- EP Climbing – winner Grip Showcase Pittsburgh 2023
- Grizzly – winner Grip Showcase SLC 2022 and Loveland 2019
- Magic Wood
- Rock Candy
- So iLL
- Thrill Seeker
- Toe Jam
- Urban Plastix
- Virgin Grip