Just a few thoughts
As the holidays begin we all refocus on gratitude. At CBJ we are thankful for climbing in all forms, it’s such a incredible activity with so many benefits for so many people and communities. We are privileged to have climbing in our lives.
Below you’ll find more trade show info, lots of stuff from the world of routesetting, a celebration of 100yrs of female alpinism, and a 70-pitch urban roof climb.
Enjoy these emails? Or any of the valuable yet free CBJ resources and tools? We invite you to please become a member this holiday season. Help us thrive.
- How An Unlikely Nairobi Climbing Gym Brings Worlds Together(James Farr, Climbing Mag)
- Women with Altitude – 100 years of female alpinism(Emma Travers, BMC)
- Podcast: Soviet Speed(Alex Honnold, Climbing Gold)
From The “Crag”
- The 4 Biggest Threats to the Future of Climbing(Access Fund)
- This New 5.13 Crack is 70 Pitches! Bring “Goggles and a Lot of Tape”(Gripped)
- Video: Is this the best boulder EVER? Ft. Adam Ondra(Magnus Midtbø)
Talk With Athletes
- Video: Shauna Coxsey talks post-Olympic life and future plans(UK Climbing)
- What it takes to climb the world’s most forbidding cliffs, Ft. Tommy Caldwell(William Finnegan, The New Yorker)
- Olympic Climbing Film “The Wall” Premieres in New York City(Noah Walker, Gripped)
- British Lead and Paraclimbing Championships 2021 RESULTS(Zoe Spriggins, BMC)
- Canadian Gord McArthur is Going for Gold in Europe(Gripped)
- Marco Scolaris thoughts on 2 zones, route setting and eating disorders(8a.nu)
- Jorg Verhoeven comments IFSC and eating disorders(8a.nu)
- Nov 26-28 (starts today): Salon De L’Escalade
- May 18-20: More CWA Summit Sessions Announced
- Jun 9-11: Outdoor Retailer
- Aug 2-3: The Big Gear Show announces 2022 dates, location(Geoff Nudelman, Outside)
- Why Pain Doesn’t Always Mean You’re Injured(Alex Hutchinson, Outside)
- Should You Add Weight or Use Smaller Holds on a Hangboard?(Neil Gresham, Climbing Mag)
- Video: 7 Lessons to help you improve on slopers(Emil Abrahamsson)
- How To Do A Muscle Up(Noah Walker, Gripped)
Setting Beta & News
- Route Setter Magazine #4 Now Available(Vertical-Life)
- Video: Route Setting Masterclass(Lattice Training)
- Podcast: Routesetting as Both Creative Outlet and Career(The Power Company)
- Route Setting Association Joins ABC(RSA & ABC)
- GB Climbing offers unique opportunity for Route Setters(Thomas Greenall, BMC)
With CBJ Insider Weekly we share the best news and resources from across the world of climbing. It’s always the freshest, most recent, and valuable stuff we can find. Contact us with ideas and suggestions to include, and subscribe here to get this delivered to your inbox on Thursday mornings.
Climbing Business Journal is an independent news outlet dedicated to covering the indoor climbing industry. Here you will find the latest coverage of climbing industry news, gym developments, industry best practices, risk management, climbing competitions, youth coaching and routesetting. Have an article idea? CBJ loves to hear from readers like you!