Just A Few Thoughts
This week below you’ll find diverse and relevant discussions with an athlete, a coach, a photographer and a legend. Plus some beta for setters including new hold shapes and the freshest training board.
- Podcast: Aman Anderson – Coaching for Culture (The Power Company)
- From India, Through Belgium, to World Cup Gold – One Climber’s Journey to the Top of Paraclimbing (Shail Desai, Climbing Mag)
- Climbing Photographer Irene Yee Talks Representation (Holly Yu Tung Chen, Climbing Mag)
- Stonemaster John Long Comes Clean on Alcoholism (John Long, Climbing Mag)
- Video: The Most Neglected Form of Training (Lattice Training)
- Video: How to Train Contact Strength – A Climbing Nerd’s Investigation (Hooper’s Beta)
- Video: Climbing Pulley Injury Anatomy, Biomechanics and Research (The Climbing Doctor)
- Podcast: Can We Minimize Tendon Injury and Return More Quickly to Climbing?(The Power Company)
For Setters & Gyms
- Video: How To Set a World Cup Level Comp Boulder (Impact Route Setting)
- Why Building Your Network As a Routesetter Matters (Hayley Moran, CWA)
- Move Over Kilter and MoonBoard, the Decoy Board is Here (Noah Walker, Gripped)
- Control Risk In Your Gym The Right Way (Paul Terbrueggen, CWA)
Climbing Business Journal is an independent news outlet dedicated to covering the indoor climbing industry. Here you will find the latest coverage of climbing industry news, gym developments, industry best practices, risk management, climbing competitions, youth coaching and routesetting. Have an article idea? CBJ loves to hear from readers like you!