Just a few thoughts
The new year arrived with climbing gym news! New gyms opened, old gyms bought, a few gyms for sale, a training gym on the way. Plus a possum. Seriously. Aside from the gym news, a few opportunities to expand your routesetting education.
Got an announcement from your gym? Send it and we’ll share it!
See The Freshest Job Posts Here
Culture & Community
- Podcast: Dani Dobrot and Prerna Dangi and the Birth of Global Climbing(Enormocast)
- How to Inspect Your Climbing Gear and When to Retire It (Bennett Slavsky, Outside)
- Lead Etiquette for the Gym Climber (Gripped)
- Bend Just Got A New Training Gym (Boardworks Climbing)
- Montreal Just Got It’s Newest Bouldering Gym (Allez Up)
- Climbing Collective Acquires Wooden Mountain (CBJ)
- Gym For Sale In West Virginia (LoopNet)
- Gym for Sale in Alabama (CBJ)
- We’re coming this Spring, Santa Barbara! (The Pad)
- Possum visits Indoor Climbing Wall in Melbourne (Natalie Berry, UK Climbing)
- Jan 11-14: Setter Summit in SLC (Vertical Solutions)
- Feb 4-5: Setting & Coaching Clinics in Vegas (sToKed Volumes)
- Video: How to Make Wooden Climbing Holds (Tobias Wurft)
- Podcast: Breaking into 5.12 Climbing with Coach Alex Stiger (Neely Quinn, TrainingBeta)
- Why Hangboarding isn’t Making Your Hands Stronger (Nathan Drolet, The Power Company)
Climbing Business Journal is an independent news outlet dedicated to covering the indoor climbing industry. Here you will find the latest coverage of climbing industry news, gym developments, industry best practices, risk management, climbing competitions, youth coaching and routesetting. Have an article idea? CBJ loves to hear from readers like you!