Just a few thoughts
This week we celebrate climbers and leaders: a commentator, five community leaders making space for other climbers, and an Olympic medalist. We celebrate Nationals and the top coaching symposium this week. And we ask for your nominations to celebrate your business leaders.
- Podcast: Nathaniel Coleman – preparing for the Tokyo Olympics, climbing in a sauna, and Kendama training (The Nugget Climbing)
- The problem solvers – meet five climbers of color finding their place, and making space for others, in a sport that’s not always welcoming (Endria Richardson, The Trust for Public Land)
- Video: What It Was Like As An Olympic Climbing Commentator Ft. Meagan Martin (Climber’s Crag)
- Feeling the Burn – Worsening Wildfires Are Impacting Climbing (Access Fund)
Events Coming Soon
- Nov 13-17: National Championships at Momentum SLC (USA Climbing)
- Nov 15: Virtual Performance Climbing Coach Summit
- If You Like Ice, The Upcoming Ouray Festival Will Blow Your Helmet Back (Corey Buhay, Climbing Mag)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Board Training for Climbers (Noah Walker, Gripped)
- Conditioning for Climbers – Fitness and Strength Are Not the Same (Neil Gresham, Climbing Mag)
- Pull-Ups Will Make You a Better Climber, This is How To Do Them (Gripped)
- Taking the Lead – How to Take and Catch Falls (Brent Smith, Climbing Mag)
- Podcast: The Worst Sport Climbing Tactic (The Power Company)
- Podcast: The Worst Bouldering Tactic (The Power Company)
With CBJ Insider Weekly we share the best news and resources from across the world of climbing. It’s always the freshest, most recent, and valuable stuff we can find. Contact us with ideas and suggestions to include, and subscribe here to get this delivered to your inbox on Thursday mornings.
Climbing Business Journal is an independent news outlet dedicated to covering the indoor climbing industry. Here you will find the latest coverage of climbing industry news, gym developments, industry best practices, risk management, climbing competitions, youth coaching and routesetting. Have an article idea? CBJ loves to hear from readers like you!