Website Climb So iLL
Climb So iLL is seeking a full time Head Routesetter and Coach for its St. Louis, MO location. Climb So iLL was named one of America’s 10 best climbing gyms by Climbing Magazine in 2016. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a company that is consistently raising the bar in the indoor climbing industry.
– Oversee all routesetting activities in the facility.
– Hire, train, and manage new routesetters.
– Provide professional development and continued support for current routesetting crew.
– Schedule regular route/boulder turn over and manage grade distribution to meet the needs of Climb So iLL’s guests and members.
– Conduct regular inspections of climbing walls, hardware, equipment, and climbing holds.
– Communicate with Program Director and Director of Operations to ensure that setting operations address facility maintenance and programming needs.
– Audit current safety standards and practices at the gym and research/implement relevant industry trends.
– Plan and facilitate the setting component for various competitions and events, including the infamous So iLL Showdown.
– Assist in creating daily, weekly and seasonal lesson plans to engage and challenge members of Climb So iLL’s youth and junior climbing teams.
– Work with other Coaches and the Program Director to create seasonal goals for the climbing teams.
– Identify activities and lessons to help climbing team members accomplish those goals.
– Three years previous general (commercial and/or competition) routesetting experience required. Five years or more preferred
– One year previous experience as a Head Routesetter preferred but not required
– USAC Level 2 or higher certification required, Level 3 or higher preferred
– Strong work ethic and ability to work well in a team environment
– Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
– Ability to forerun at least 5.12+/V8 required, Ability to climb 5.13/V10 preferred
– Two years of previous coaching experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.climbsoill.com/jobs →