Website Vertical Solutions
Ready to join a team of talented artists and craftsmen, all driven by a shared passion for climbing and the outdoors? Vertical Solutions is the nation’s premier domestic resource for indoor rock-climbing walls, holds, flooring, equipment, and consulting. We pride ourselves in delivering highly aesthetic, best-in-class products and services to help aspiring gym owners, managers, and route setters bring their visions to life. Owned and operated right here in Salt Lake City, all our products are made in the USA- from home climbing walls and commercial climbing gyms to custom projects such as front desks, dog runs, and volleyball courts. If our clients can dream it, we can do it.
The Climbing Hold Production Assistant uses various highly-modern machinery and tools and follows specific processes to manufacture polyurethane climbing holds and silicone molds. They assist with shop operations including mixing, pouring, machining, assembly, equipment, maintenance, quality control, & shipping and receiving.
THE RIGHT FIT
You care about the quality of what you produce, you love making cool things. You are committed to the outcome of your work, and you know aesthetics matter.
You work carefully and effectively to ensure excellent, error-free quality in what you fabricate while adhering to a rigorous and comprehensive production schedule. You understand the reputation of Proxy is directly correlated to your attentiveness!
Your commitment to your team means dedication to precision, integrity in your work, and spotting and addressing issues to ensure clean operations. You understand Lean concepts and want to contribute to improving efficiency so you can spend less time wasting time and more time doing cool stuff. You want your job to have soul, your coworkers to be as committed as you are, and your work to mean something.
ABOUT VERTICAL SOLUTIONS/PROXY
Indoor rock climbing has become an incredibly popular mainstream sport and will soon be featured in the Olympic Games. Nearly every state in the nation is now home to at least one rock climbing gym, and all forecasts predict the sport will only continue to grow. We intend to grow with it!
Like all industries, there are some who do it poorly, some who do it well, and some who do it best. Vertical Solutions, the nation’s largest domestic climbing wall manufacturer, does it best. We build indoor climbing walls throughout the country with distinctive materials that set us apart from (and above) the competition, and we have set the industry standard for design and aesthetics.
VS also produces a full fleet of climbing holds through PROXY Production – which is harder than it sounds. There are many competitors in this realm as indoor climbers are very particular about the plastic they pull on! PROXY has adapted and evolved to stay competitive and needs a team willing to do the same.
PRIMARY AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Sand and drill plastic parts using various power and hand tools;
- Operate composite machinery;
- Assist in the setup of pouring plastic parts for making rock climbing holds;
- Inspect, weigh, pack and ship holds in accordance with customer orders;
- Use lean concepts for individual tasks;
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs), general directions, quality-control programs and safety requirements for all production operations;
- Keep a clean, organized working environment and assist in maintaining machinery;
- Additional duties may be assigned in various functions of Vertical Solutions.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or construction environment is preferred;
- Ability to operate manufacturing equipment and troubleshoot;
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks while maintaining quality and production standards;
- Proactive, self-starter;
- Wear company provided safety equipment (harness, hard hat, safety vest, safety glasses).
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement;
- Reliable, shows up to shift on time each day;
- Valid driver license;
- Ability to work and participate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to stand on your feet the majority of the day;
- Noise level is typical of that found in a manufacturing environment;
- Subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system: fumes, odors, dust, mists, or poor ventilation;
- Stooping, crouching, bending, kneeling, twisting, reaching, climbing, pushing and pulling;
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.;
Vertical Solutions is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity environment of mutual respect for all its people. This work atmosphere is available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Vertical Solutions strongly believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our teams is critical to our success as an organization. We are driven to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As such, we highly encourage those with diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com