Website The Stronghold Climbing Gym
The Stronghold is looking for an experienced and talented routesetter to join our team. Our routesetters are held to the highest standard of route/problem quality and are expected to continually develop with the team to create the best routes and problems in Los Angeles. To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter detailing your climbing experience, availability, and qualifications to email@example.com.
● 3 days a week of setting (about 24+ hrs)
● Possibility of as many as 40 hrs a week with extra jobs like wall maintenance, handyman, coaching, etc. depending on qualifications.
● Minimum 1 year of setting experience, ideally 5+ years of 3+ days a week
● Ability to climb consistently V8 and 5.13- outdoors
● Passionate and experienced with sport climbing and bouldering
● Competition setting experience
● Great work ethic, clean & organised and works well with a team
● One of the best hold, volume and fiberglass selections in Southern California
● Large monthly hold budget
● Set for regional, local and community competitions
● Modern route setting with big flat panels, lots of volumes, creative movement, etc.
● Focus on quality – only set 1-3 routes a day and 3-4 boulder problems a day
● All tools provided (impacts, ascenders, adjustable daisies, RIGS, pro tractions, etc)
● Dedicated hold washing personnel
● Two setters with 15+ years of setting experience
● One USAC level 4 setter
● Small, friendly, close knit team of only 3 or 4 setters
PAY + BENEFITS
● $20 – $28+/hr depending on route quality, experience, forerunning ability, setting efficiency, certifications, etc.
● Possibility for health benefits (32 hours/week and above)
● Free membership & retail pro-deals
● Flexible time-off policy
● Support with earning setting certifications
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org