Website Salt Pump Climbing Co
Salt Pump Climbing Co
This is a Head Coach position to lead all facets of coaching for our organization. It is a full-time position, pay is commensurate with experience. Healthcare stipend and PTO after a 90day period.
Salt Pump is a inclusive and kindhearted environment with DNA in outdoor climbing and laughing a lot. We are in coastal Maine in a beautiful, large-windowed location. Our kids are incredible, the community is welcoming, and we LOVE climbing. Come join us.
If you don’t meet all of the pre-requisites listed below but are psyched, please still reach out. We’d love to have a conversation with an aspirational individual.
Youth Team Responsibilities :
- Development and implementation of Team training
- Team try-outs and structure/division of teams – schedules
- All practice, competition, field trips planned for entire season in advance
- Professional and positive communication with other staff
- Follow communication guidelines for minors (as seen in separate document)
- Lead team at competitions from QEs through Nationals
- End of season parties and overnights at Salt Pump
- Up-to-date USAC certification
General Adult Coaching Responsibilities :
- Facilitation of all levels of Adult Team Coaching
- Implementation and development of Adult Team Training Curriculum
- Facilitation and Development of Personal Training programming with Adult Programs Director
- Weekly routesetting per the Salt Pump setting schedule
- Set and forerun up to V8 & 5.13
- Climbing Wall Maintenance as needed
- Summer Camps – for team or otherwise
- Customer service and desk work as needed
- Facilities and maintenance under Head Routesetter and Operations Manager
- Positive contributor to Salt Pump overall
- During the summer months additional responsibilities may be assigned on an as-needed basis. These will include: desk shifts, cleaning and maintenance responsibilities, summer camp help, additional routesetting, reviewing curriculum for adult and youth programs, assisting with adult programs, special events, etc.
- Routesetting: quality and team fit to be determined by Head Routesetter.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills with parents, team members, and staff
- Demonstrate good organization with office administration information and general organization of team practices and in all other aspects of job
- Be a positive contributor to Salt Pump mission – positive and professional interactions with staff, members, team members, and families.
- Demonstrate thoughtful planning and implementation of training curriculum
- Demonstrate ability to set and fulfill goals, meet deadlines, and stay on task
- Have a positive and open minded approach in all aspects of job
- Demonstrate professional behavior and speech at all times
- Demonstrate solid group management to reduce the teams’ impact on the facility as a shared space
- Continue to be mindful of personal health and well being as a professional. Take appropriate time and effort in injury prevention.
- Lead by example
- Represent Salt Pump in a positive, professional capacity at all times
- Must have a demonstrated passion for climbing and fitness on a personal basis.
- Preferably two years working with youth in a coaching capacity and one year of management or supervisory experience in a climbing gym, fitness center, or related program.
- Open availability to meet facility needs and special events as needed.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills. Must work well as part of a team.
- Active membership with USAC as a Level 2 Coach (paid for by Salt Pump)
- Maintain a current CPR & First Aid certification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org