Website Pacific Edge Climbing Gym
The Santa Cruz Resource for Fitness, Fun, & Community
Career Level, Manager Position Available – Santa Cruz, CA
Pacific Edge is one of the oldest operational climbing gyms in the Country- we opened in 1993, and we were the largest climbing gym in the USA at that time. We are located in beautiful Santa Cruz, 1 block from the beach, in the heart of Central California.
Pacific Edge is a thriving business and community- we hold a special place in the hearts of thousands of California climbers. We have grown consistently for decades. We recently expanded, adding a beautiful new weight room and outdoor workout space.
Pacific Edge is a top-notch technical climbing school offering every level of instruction from Beginning to Big Wall, Bouldering, Sport, and Trad. We have a guiding program that operates at Pinnacles National Park and Castle Rock. We offer extensive Youth Programing, a Climbing Team, and numerous adult classes. We offer a complete Yoga Program.
You would be joining a management team consisting of 1 owner, one General Manager, and six coordinator level team members. The Gym runs with about 10 full-time and up to 25 part time staff.
If you are an experienced manager who loves people, loves climbing, and are excited to share that passion, this could be THE job for you.
- Collaborate with Pacific Edge Management Team, Membership Coordinator, Youth Programs Coordinator, Coach, Yoga Coordinator, Janitorial Staff, and Head Route Setter.
- Manage day-to-day operations including scheduling, employee on-boarding, associated record keeping, training, and facility maintenance.
- Develop, mentor, and train Program Leads (Coordinators)
- Consistently manage and mitigate risk throughout the facility
- Ensure a great customer experience.
- Build relationships with members and guests, focusing on community development.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement in regards to operations, market strategies, and policy implementation.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 4 years Management Experience preferably in the climbing industry. HR skills are highly valued
- Strong Leadership
- Administrative excellence: well organized, motivated, and goal oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to guide the big picture while keeping track of every day details
- Minimum 4 years outdoor climbing experience
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of technical rock climbing
- Experience teaching upper level climbing classes
- Friendly and outgoing personality, comfortable working with large groups and enjoy interacting with kids.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive. Experience with data analytics, forecasting, and budgeting. Proficient in Mindbody, RGP – and similar POS systems
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications.
- CWI and/or AMGA Certifications
- Excellent full-time annual salary with bonus program. Based on qualifications: $60- $80,000 annually, with potential to grow.
- Health insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- More benefits are available after the first year.
To apply, please email cover letter, and resume to: Pacific Edge Climbing Gym: Tom@pacificedgeclimbinggym.com, Diane@pacificedgeclimbinggym.com, and Cedric@pacificedgeclimbinggym.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com