The Climbing Team Manager is responsible for growing, running, and managing the Movement youth climbing team in Boulder. The Team Manager serves as the main point of contact for the climbing team, and as such must be self-motivated, goal-oriented, able to multitask, innovative, possess good time management skills, and be passionate about helping coaches and young climbers achieve their expression of success. They must be able to lead with empathy and compassion to create a positive culture. The result will be to deliver high quality climbing programming that promotes transformative experiences for youth athletes and teaches life skills through sport climbing.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to the Gym Director and works closely with the Director of Programs to develop the team program in line with overall Movement vision
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, and mentoring a cohesive team of Coaches and Team Coach Supervisors who collectively embody Movement’s values (Innovation, Passion, Partnership, Integrity, Inclusion) and provide high quality programming for youth athletes
- Work closely with Coaches and Team Coach Supervisors to develop training plans that ensure development of each athlete’s personal and team-oriented goals across all levels of the Team
- Coach two to four days a week either as part of ratio or as a floating coach, and attend competitions and events as needed.
- Provide supervision for youth climbers who will be bouldering, lead climbing, and belaying.
- Provide effective and timely communication between coaches, parents, directors, and gym members
- Ensure that backend administration and organization of team program is taken care of in a timely and effective manner. This includes effective communication with new prospective athletes, handling membership issues, scheduling staff, tracking belay and other safety trainings, ordering team clothing and other supplies, etc.
- Manage the Youth Team business unit at that facility, working to meet financial goals including overall revenue targets and comp/rev percentages which support the program and gym overall.
- Schedule mock comps, training camps, social events, and other team functions that foster and support a healthy and inclusive team culture
- Innovate by identifying ways to improve the team program, the gym, and Movement’s vision for programs, and work with the Gym Directors, Director Team, and other Team Managers to grow our community in a way that maintains alignment between gyms and programs.
- Ability to define and create a positive team culture
- Passion for developing coaches and young athletes in a way that emphasizes fun and fosters a love of the sport and the climbing community
- 2 + Years experience with competitive youth climbing programs
- 2+ years experience with USA Climbing including local and championship events is preferred
- Experience planning and implementing a training schedule for youth athletes
- Strong climbing and training background, and knowledge of climbing techniques
- Self-motivated and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with athletes, coaches, parents, and gym leadership.
- Solid computer skills (web-based applications, Word, Excel, POS applications)
- Flexible schedule, able to work nights and weekends along with ability to travel for competitions and events
- Understands and embodies Movement’s Core Values, and is a sound mentor for the youth on climbing team as well as an example for the other coaches and employees to follow
- Current USA Climbing Coach membership, or ability to obtain this immediately upon hire, is required. This includes Safesport, First Aid, and CPR certifications, and the ability to pass a background check
- Personal Training Certification or equivalent experience is an added plus, but not required
- Experience with managing budgets or meeting financial targets strongly preferred
This position is a part-time, non-exempt position with the potential to build a full-time role in combination with other gym duties. Benefits include a complimentary gym membership, gear discounts, guest passes, and other benefits available to Movement employees.
Starting pay at $23.75 with flexibility based on experience.
Movement is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.