Website Mosaic Climbing
Mosaic Climbing is seeking a route setting leader that is excited to push the boundaries of fun and creative route setting. An ideal candidate will be capable of organizing a creative team, willing to take risks and explore the edges of what climbing can be, and is comfortable working with route setters of varying experience.
We hope to find someone that is radically compassionate but capable of sharing compelling climbing opportunities. Thoughtful and kind people that can manage to set a high standard of quality will be at the top of our list. If you think you’d be a great fit, we can’t wait to hear from you!
This is a salaried position with a pay range of $40-50,000 per year, plus health benefits and paid vacation.
- Collaborate with your team to set quality and quantity standards for the routesetting product centered around the team’s and the organization’s collective values.
- Be an active director and participant during forerunning. We consider setting to be a very collaborative effort, and we expect our setters to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Actively work to make setting fun and change up the routine by creating challenges for your setting team.
- Be a leader by example: help with the non-glamorous tasks of stripping and organizing the holds room, set very high quality routes and problems and hold yourself to the highest standard, be the hardest working individual on the team.
- Be aware of overall circuit style, grade distribution within each circuit, and repeating themes. Set and deliver assignments in a way that creates a better circuit by filling in style or grade holes.
- Schedule and facilitate entire setting team discussions regarding grade distribution, styles, and missing elements in each circuit. Demonstrate that you value this input.
- Work with the setting team to offer a novel setting product by creating themed sets or competition sets that challenge our members in new ways.
- Require all setting staff to meet facility and OSHA safety standards by wearing ear and eye protection at all times while setting, and following work at height regulations when operating the lift or working on a rope. The safety of you, your coworkers, and our customers is paramount.
- Take responsibility for setting your team up for success by handling the administrative burdens, maintaining an organized setting room, keeping equipment in top condition, and cultivating an environment conducive to productive creative work.
- Willingness to work weekends and participate in Mosaic events.
- Excellent lead belay and climbing competency.
- Physical strength and manual dexterity required. Setting is a very labor intensive job, and you will be asked to repeatedly lift large volumes overhead, carry ladders and other heavy holds, and strip and scrub large portions of wall space.
- Ability to operate an aerial lift.
- Ability to operate power tools, including impact drivers and power washers.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs comfortably.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certified
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org