Website Momentum Indoor Climbing
Routesetters at Momentum will operate and set routes at both Texas locations (Silver Street and Katy). Applicants must have a strong passion for the craft, for rock climbing, and have experience with commercial setting practices. They will represent and embody the values and ideals within the Momentum Routesetting Program and understand that their primary responsibility is to provide a high quality, enjoyable experience for our members and guests of all abilities and backgrounds.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set high-quality commercial routes and boulder problems of all styles and difficulties.
- Effectively give and receive constructive feedback during all stages of the routesetting process.
- Adhere to company and industry safety Standard Operating Procedures while setting. This includes but is not limited to SOP’s relating to working on a ladder, a lift, and at height on a rope.
- Strip and wash holds on an as-needed basis.
- Possess a strong desire to become a better climber by gaining a greater understanding of climbing movement.
- Contribute to Momentum’s customer service goals and understand that routesetting, and all associated tasks, contribute to the overall customer experience
- Always strive to improve with the customer in mind.
- Be professional and approachable at all times.
- Interact with members and guests on a daily basis in a way that supports positive growth in the climbing community.
- Actively contribute to a positive workplace and effective team.
- Support and help fellow routesetters and employees and work as a team.
- Provide feedback and constructive criticism in a positive way.
- Focus on compromise and empathy to solve challenges in the workplace.
- Work effectively in a dynamic team environment and adhere to Momentum’s professional and high-quality routesetting standards.
- Ability to forerun boulder problems at least V7 and up.
- Ability to forerun routes at least 5.13a and up.
- Possess a strong awareness of safe routesetting practices.
- At least two years prior commercial setting experience.
- Hold a USA Climbing Level 1 or higher certification [preferred]
- Prior competition routesetting experience [preferred]
REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Hours and Availability
- Full-time position, 40 hrs/week.
- Average of 35 hours per week spent actively setting.
- Flexibility to work weekends and nights when applicable – during competitions or otherwise.
Environmental and Physical Demands
- Able to work in a high energy, dynamic environment on a regular basis.
- Comfortable speaking to and engaging with members of the community.
- Comfortable working at height and moving up and down a climbing wall.
- Continuously stand and walk on unstable and uneven surfaces for long periods of time.
- Able to understand and execute industry approved work-at-height practices
- Able to repeatedly lift, move, and carry up to 50 lbs of weight on a regular basis
- Able to balance, kneel, pull, push, and grasp objects as needed.
- Have the visual acuity to assess fine details close by and at a distance
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, AND PERKS
- Qualified applicants will be compensated depending on experience.
- Participation in Momentum’s health insurance and 401k retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual, holiday pay options
- Free membership to all Momentum climbing facilities
- Discounts on Momentum instruction and programs
- Access to pro-deals through our outdoor industry partners
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.