Website Momentum Indoor Climbing
Full-time Routesetters at Momentum will operate and set in both the Katy (ropes and boulders) and Silver Street (boulders) locations. Momentum Routesetters must have a strong passion for the craft, for climbing, and be willing to share the sport with participants of all abilities and backgrounds. Applicants should be outgoing, motivated, and willing to take on challenges.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively set routes and boulder problems of all styles and difficulties in a world-class facility.
- Effectively give and receive constructive feedback during all stages of the routesetting process.
- Strip and wash holds on an as-needed basis.
- Interact regularly with facility members and guests in a way that supports positive growth in the climbing community.
- Possess a strong desire to become a better climber by gaining a greater understanding of climbing movement.
- Effectively work in a dynamic, team environment and adhere to Momentum’s professional and high-quality routesetting standards.
- Ability to forerun boulder problems at least V7 and up.
- Ability to forerun routes at least 5.12c/d and up.
- Possess a strong awareness of safe routesetting practices.
- At least two years prior commercial setting experience.
- Hold a USA Climbing Level 2 or higher certification [preferred]
- Prior competition routesetting experience [preferred]
REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Hours, Rate of Pay, and Availability
- Full-time position, 40 hrs/week.
- Qualified applicants will be compensated depending on experience.
- Flexibility to work weekends and nights when applicable – during competitions or otherwise.
Environmental and Physical Demands
- Able to work in a loud, dynamic environment on a regular basis.
- Comfortable speaking to and engaging with members of the community.
- Comfortable working at height and moving up and down a climbing wall.
- Continuously stand and walk on unstable and uneven surfaces for long periods of time.
- Able to understand and execute industry-approved work-at-height practices to ensure occupational safety.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS, AND PERKS
- Industry-leading, salaried pay
- Participation in Momentum’s health care plans.
- Paid time off (PTO) accrual and holiday pay options
- Free membership to all Momentum climbing facilities
- Discounts on Momentum instruction and programs
- Access to pro-deals through our outdoor industry partners.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.