Website IMPACT Climbing Inc.
TRAVELLING CLIMBING WALL ASSEMBLER – USA
Are you someone who loves to explore, travel, test your boundaries and meet new people? Do you enjoy working in a physically demanding job? Do people often think of you as calm, cool and collected even under pressure? If so, then we may have the job for you!
IMPACT Climbing is a leading North American custom climbing wall manufacturer; from inception to execution, we make dreams a reality. IMPACT Climbing is all about bringing rock climbing to the masses. Collectively, we design, fabricate and install rock climbing walls of varying sizes for both residential and commercial use.
We take pride in the exceptional quality of our products and our team. Each member of our team shares in our core values: Inspiration, discovery, learning, motivation, progression, achievement, honesty, integrity and initiative. Our team works collaboratively with our clients to bring their visions to life.
IMPACT is leading the way in innovation and quality craftmanship. We make dreams come true and build products that last. Our US division is looking for installers to work in the United States starting in early 2023.
You understand that building something that looks good is as important as building a product that endures. You are a team player with an eye for detail and an ear for purposeful feedback. You move efficiently and grasp new concepts quickly while anticipating your teammates next move.
You have a good attitude and enjoy working at a fast pace. You know how to put in a hard day’s work and you enjoy the process. The days go by quickly when you love what you do and when you walk onto site ready to share the same positive vibes as your crew. It’s hard work, but it’s great work if you are the right team fit.
- Prepare the construction area; safety, hazard checks, cleanliness checks;
- Wear proper safety equipment: steel toe boots, safety goggles, hardhat and gloves (Other PPE may be required depending on the location / site)
- Load and off-load tools, machinery, equipment and materials;
- Properly and safely operate tools and machinery;
- Measure, layout and prep the install area;
- Read and interpret blueprints;
- Read and interpret instructions;
- Erect structures made of various materials; wood, metal, concrete;
- Heavy lifting is required, 75 – 100 pds;
- Assemble and disassemble platforms, operate heavy machinery such as scissor lifts and forklifts;
- Work at heights on a lift and using a harness;
- Attach wood panels to steel structures, assemble and erect other adventure equipment as determined by the project;
- Install various types of flooring and safety mats;
- Assemble other furniture and fixtures as required;
- Use proper procedures for common construction chemicals and compounds including but not limited to mixing, disposal, and identification of hazardous and nonhazardous materials;
- Assist in controlling the foot traffic onsite and adhere to any policies and procedures set in place in order to operate safely and efficiently;
- Tidy and clean the construction are and tools;
- Maintain equipment and tools in good working condition;
- General labor work (e.g. Sweep, clean up job site, run errands, use hammer and saw, demolition, etc.);
- Additional duties may be assigned by IMPACT Climbing in order to properly complete the projects.
- Ability to work weekdays and some weekends for up to 44 hours per week, some overtime may be required;
- 1-2 years’ experience working on a construction site;
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment including lifting heavy materials, operating heavy machinery and staying on their feet most of the day. Some work at great heights or outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Must have excellent balance, depth-perception and eye-hand coordination;
- Thorough knowledge of practices, methods, equipment, materials and tools used in construction and maintenance;
- Ability to follow verbal instructions;
- Ability to focus on a given task through to completion;
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work;
- Ability to interpret and work from instructions, penciled plans and sketches, and blueprints;
- Ability to operate finish and rough carpentry tools;
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with superiors, subordinates, vendors and customers;
- All health and safety training (to be completed obtained within 30 days of hire);
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Working at Heights training preferred
- Ability to travel and move to and from various projects across the country, living in various cities and states for long periods of time with other co-workers; potential travel out of the country
- Travel and Accommodations provided by the employer
- Standing on your feet for long periods of time;
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.;
- Stooping and bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist;
- Regularly work at heights (scissor lifts, boom lifts);
- Noise level is typical of that found in a manufacturing environment;
- Regular and repetitive use of tools and equipment;
- Crouching, kneeling, twisting, reaching, climbing, pushing and pulling;
- Work in small/narrow spaces;
- Potential exposure to weather and environmental conditions.
- Working outside in hot / cold / wet conditions
- Hourly $22 – $30 / hour depending on experience
- 2 weeks Vacation + 1 week off at Christmas
- Status: Full-time, year-round employment
- Work Experience: 1-3+ Years
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com