Website High Point Climbing & Fitness
High Point Climbing and Fitness is now accepting applications for the full-time position of Assistant Manager for its Memphis, Tennessee facility. Built with a heavy focus on community integration, education and customer experience. High Point is seeking a highly motivated individual to assist in the execution of gym operations.
High Point is committed to building industry-leading indoor rock climbing facilities throughout the Southeast; with three already operational and soon to be four locations in Tennessee, along with two locations in Alabama. As such, we are looking for an Assistant Manager with exceptional work ethic, a positive attitude, and consistently high-performance level who will focus on customer service, community development, and be able to lead a team which can succeed in a productive working environment.
• Promote a positive customer experience. Build relationships with members and guests, focusing on community development and growth.
• Support in handling day-to-day operations including group scheduling, class instruction, facility maintenance, and inventory management.
• Collaborate with General Manager and Marketing Coordinator in event organization and execution.
• Administrate a team environment which is aware of risk management and proper practices.
• Demonstrate exceptional leadership during regularly scheduled shifts. Encouraging a positive attitude of all team members.
• Be a role model for team members while mentoring in the development of their customer service and decision making abilities.
• Assist in hiring processes, performance evaluations, and enforcement of disciplinary actions.
• Oversee top tier staff training congruent with High Point policies and core values.
• Contribute in management meetings to identify opportunities for improvement in regards to operational execution, market strategies, and policy implementation.
Qualifications and Skills:
• 3+ prior years’ experience in a relevant field.
• A strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Outstanding customer service skills, and ability to communicate effectively.
• Administrative excellence: well organized, motivated, and goal oriented.
• Minimum of 2 years climbing experience and a strong passion for the sport.
• Experience in staff management or team leadership.
• Ability to make decisions effectively in high-pressure situations.
• A high level of visual acuity in risk management.
• Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving workload, aptitude for identifying priorities in a regularly changing environment and readiness to respond to unexpected tasks.
• Friendly and outgoing personality, comfortable working with large groups and enjoy interacting with kids.
• Basic Microsoft Office and Google Drive document management proficiencies.
• Competencies in the disciplines of bouldering, sport climbing, and traditional climbing.
• Experience with Rock Gym Pro software
• Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications.
• CWI/AMGA Certifications
• Certified Personal Trainer
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
• Responsibilities and time is shared amongst regularly schedule desk shifts and administrative obligations.
• Minimum requirement of four weekend shifts per month, and evening availability.
• Confident and comfortable working in an environment of high traffic.
• Comfortable working at height and moving up and down a climbing wall.
• Constantly standing and walking for extended periods of time.
• Ability to repeatedly lift, push, pull, and carry 50+ pounds.
• Ability to climb, squat, crawl, balance, and kneel.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Full time annual salary DOE
• Paid time off
• Free Membership to all High Point Climbing and Fitness locations
• 50% off spousal membership.
• Participation in company healthcare policy
• Access to in-store, employee purchase and pro-deal discounts
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and application to:
To apply for this job email your details to Tony@highpointclimbing.com