Website FA Climbing & Fitness
Our mission at First Ascent is to share our love of climbing, connect people through movement, and create welcoming, supportive spaces that strengthen minds, bodies, and communities. We offer indoor rock climbing, high-end fitness equipment, classes, personal training, and yoga at each of our locations. First Ascent Climbing & Fitness is a growing company and we’re looking for people that will help us continually get better at what we do as we discover how to best serve our members and visitors. We will look to you to help us be creative, think outside the box, evaluate what works and what doesn’t, and implement changes effectively—and have a blast in the process.
The Head Setter will provide an exemplary experience for all who visit First Ascent through thoughtful implementation and administration of the route setting program at this location. Through their work, the Head Route setter will help foster the continued growth and development of the climbing community. This requires someone with exceptional initiative, problem-solving skills, route setting experience, and who is solution-oriented and thrives when working with others. Provide a stable leadership presence for all First Ascent employees at your gym, regardless of department. You will report to the Station Square Gym Manager. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, flexibility required.
- Collaborate with the Gym Manager and other relevant staff to achieve gym and organization wide initiatives and goals
- Collaborate with other FA Head Route setters to ensure consistency in route setting operations, training, grading, and member experience from gym to gym
- Manage / oversee all route setting sessions at your gym and ensure that both quality and production are up to First Ascent standards
- Procure and maintain supplies and equipment relevant to route setting operations or that fall under WaH oversight protocols
- Ensure that all other daily and weekly duties of the route setting team are executed for your location
- Hire new part-time staff and train and develop them as needed in all relevant tasks
- Evaluate and provide mentorship for your team throughout each stage of the route setting process.
- Minimum 2 years of commercial route setting experience
- Prior management experience
- Must be adept at setting and forerunning, up to 5.13+ for sport climbs and V9.
- Ability to lift heavy loads (50+ lbs.) and complete strenuous physical labor on a regular basis
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and variable environment
- Must adhere to First Ascent commercial route setting and work-at-height practices, and enforce these requirements with all route setting staff
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead and work effectively with a team
- Must possess exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- USAC Route setting certification levels and prior competition route setting experience will be considered but are not required
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Salary range starting at $40,000/annually, depending on experience
- Annual bonus tied to individual and company-wide performance
- Generous PTO package
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance Offered
- Development Fund Offered
- Free membership to all First Ascent locations
- Access to pro-deals
- Predominantly in a climate controlled indoor environment
- Noise level ranges from moderate to loud
- Employee must be able to concentrate through distraction and communicate effectively
First Ascent is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. First Ascent does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protective order status, military status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, ancestry, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. First Ascent prohibits harassment of any individual on any of the protected characteristics listed above.
To apply for this job please visit faclimbing.com.