Website FA Climbing & Fitness
ABOUT FIRST ASCENT CLIMBING & FITNESS:
First Ascent is focused on growing a vibrant community that shares a passion for climbing and fitness. For more information, please visit www.faclimbing.com, or facebook.com/faclimbing.
Our mission at First Ascent is to share our love of climbing, connect people through movement, and to create welcoming, supportive spaces that strengthen minds, bodies, and communities. We offer indoor rock climbing, high-end fitness equipment, classes, personal training, and yoga at each of our locations. First Ascent Climbing & Fitness is a growing company and we’re looking for people that will help us continually get better at what we do as we discover how to best serve our members and visitors. We will look to you to help us be creative, think outside the box, evaluate what works and what doesn’t, and implement changes effectively—and have a blast in the process.
As the First Ascent Avondale Gym Manager, you will be an integral piece of the First Ascent organizational framework. A gym manager is responsible for every aspect of their gym and will be working with the founders, the Operations Leadership team, and department heads to help it succeed. This requires someone with exceptional communication and organizational skills who is results oriented and thrives while working as part of a team. This position will report to First Ascent’s Operations Director.
The below responsibilities are subject to change based on the needs of the organization.
First Ascent Culture
- Ensure that the First Ascent mission and values are communicated and implemented at their gym
- Work to create a community atmosphere for members and guests
- Work with Marketing Director to create unique events that will appeal to your gym clientele
Gym Financial Performance
- Ensure revenue goals are met for your facility
- Manage operations and staffing budget to keep costs contained
- Meet all Key Performance Indicators laid out by ownership
- Manage staff and outside vendors to keep the facility at an acceptable level of cleanliness for clientele
- Maintain all aspects of the facility including HVAC, utilities, garbage collection, etc.
- Address facility emergency issues including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.
- Ensure gym is adequately staffed at all times
- Responsible for hiring, motivating, disciplining, and terminating staff
- Conduct performance reviews of staff
- Responsible for payroll review
- With the Program Manager will manage the day to day operations of Yoga and Fitness, Youth programming and Adult Programming with input from the department heads
- Along with head setter responsible for setting rotation and quality
- Work with the client relations team to support guided sessions, outreach, and events
REQUIREMENTS AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 2 years of management experience, preferably in the fitness or recreation industry
- High school diploma/general education degree (GED) preferred
- Exceptional communication and creative problem-solving skills, solid computer skills
- Friendly demeanor, positive attitude and adaptability to various personality types
- Flexible working style and ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge and love of climbing and fitness
- Demonstrated knowledge of climbing equipment and proper belay technique
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office based systems, as well as strong computer skills
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Base salary will be determined based on experience.
- Quarterly bonus tied to individual and company-wide performance
- Generous PTO package
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance Offered
- 401(k) Plan Offered
- Development Fund Offered
- Free membership to all First Ascent locations
- Access to pro-deals
- Predominantly in a climate controlled indoor environment
- Noise level ranges from moderate to loud
- Employee must be able to concentrate through distraction and communicate effectively
First Ascent is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. First Ascent does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protective order status, military status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, ancestry, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. First Ascent prohibits harassment of any individual on any of the protected characteristics listed above.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org