Website EP Climbing
bringing climbing to everyone
WHO WE ARE
EP Climbing designs, manufactures, and constructs innovative climbing walls and boulders around the world. Immersed in the world of climbing, our work ranges from kid-centric playground boulders, to military towers, to large commercial climbing gyms, to world cup competition walls. We are the proud wall builder of the 2024 Paris, Olympic Games.
We function as a multi-disciplinary team combining the creative and technical, turning our client’s climbing dreams into reality. Based in Bend, OR our backyard inspires us as we explore the plentiful crags, mountains, trails, and rivers.
POSITION: Climbing Wall Installer Level 1 – FULL TIME
The EP Climbing installation team constructs unique climbing walls and climbing structures across North America. As a Climbing Wall Installer, you will work closely with a 3 to 6 person crew, utilizing basic construction skills to assemble climbing walls in gyms, rec centers, parks, and at competitions. The position is full time equivalent, and project based. Projects range from one week to several months. Ideal candidates will have a background in construction and a propensity for learning the details of specific types of EP Climbing Walls. Good interpersonal skills, personal hygiene, and the ability to keep a clean house are a must as we utilize shared housing. The people you work with will also be your housemates.
No requirement to live in Bend, OR – home address location is flexible.
- 1+ years of construction experience preferred
- Possess basic power tools (18v +) and hand tools, or can acquire them
- Ability and desire to lead a traveling lifestyle
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Ability to use, and possession of basic carpentry hand and power tools
- Ability or interest in working at heights
- Interpersonal skills are required
- BONUS: Knowledge of, or certification, in OSHA work at height safety practices
- Experience operating forklifts and scissor lifts (additional training can be provided)
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid US Passport
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Climbing experience is a bonus
EP Climbing provides a competitive hourly wage and benefits package for full time positions including medical and dental insurance, vacation, 401k, and professional equipment discounts. The hourly wage range for the Climbing Wall Installer Level 1 is $18.00 to $20.00 per hour and is based upon experience. Advancement opportunities exist, are encouraged, and are performance based.
Additional Full Time Compensation:
- Travel, accommodation, and transport expenses paid
- Daily Per Diem paid while traveling and on projects
- Flexible on/off schedules between projects
- Personal tool allowance (annual)
- OSHA, equipment, and tool training provided as necessary
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume and letter of interest to K.Quimby@EPClimbing.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org