Head Routesetter – Climb Bentonville
Climb is hiring a creative, innovative, skilled and collaborative Head Routesetter with a desire to elevate climbing movement into opportunities for personal growth and community building. An essential quality for this position is a thorough understanding of movement and the ability to translate that understanding to the wall and develop others to do so. The company highly values innovation, prototyping and forward thinking that will help usher progress to our industry.
Climb is headquartered in Nashville, TN with 4 total locations: Nashville, TN (2), Murfreesboro, TN (1) and Bentonville, AR (1). We value a healthy work/life balance that encourages our setters to pursue personal climbing and setting endeavors while displaying a strong commitment to our mission and vision. The Head Routesetter will routeset 3-4 days per week and will spend their remaining time collaborating, developing ideas, and performing administrative/maintenance work. Pay is highly competitive.
Northwest Arkansas is home to some world class bouldering and great sport climbing that is less than two hours from the gym. The area is experiencing further climbing development with tons of potential for new climbs. Northwest Arkansas is a mountain bike mecca with over 800 miles of trail within 2 hours of Bentonville. Situated near the beautiful Ozark mountains, the area plays host to many hip coffee shops, restaurants, and museums. The developing area is attracting many young adults with a passion for an active outdoor community.
- Be a leader, teacher and developer of movement for the Climb community which includes its routesetters, staff, members and guests
- Innovate new methods, ideas and programs through which the setting program can communicate Climb’s vision of “connecting people + movement”
- Ideate, collaborate, and develop alongside Climb’s Head Routetters, Director of Routesetting, Administration and Staff
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Climb’s community’s needs and seek connectivity with its members and guests
Maintain a healthy and sustainable work/life balance for yourself and Climb’s routesetting crews
- Educate and develop Climb’s staff with a thorough understanding of the setting
- Manage day-to-day operations including all typical responsibilities of a Head Routesetter including additional responsibilities via the Director of Routesetting and Climb Administration
- Maintain an understanding of the working condition of wall, safety equipment, and the setting program’s needs and relay them to the Director of Routesetting in a timely manner
- Perform safety checks and inspections as laid out by the setting Routesetting Director
Expectations of a Climb Head Routesetter:
- Thorough understanding of Climb’s mission and vision
Accept and provide guidance and feedback from the Routesetting Director and Climb Administration
- Remain diligent and prompt with administrative/managerial responsibilities
- Maintain an excellent dedication to customer service, organization, reliability and risk management
- Display strong communication and teamwork skills
- Extremely positive attitude and ability to facilitate unity and high levels of team morale
- Display commitment to individual routesetter development
- Ability to work with a team and give and receive constructive criticism
- 3+ years setting experience
- 1+ years experience in routesetting or gym management
- Ability to climb 5.13 and/or V8 and forerun up to 5.13+ and/or V10+
- Significant sport climbing and bouldering experience
- 30-40 hours per week
- Weekdays, occasional nights and weekends
To apply for this job please visit theclimbgyms.com.