Website Bouldering Project
Bouldering Project’s mission is to foster meaningful human connection with the most inspiring and inclusive climbing, movement, and community spaces. We care deeply about humans. We’re driven by the pursuit of better. We create joyful places and pathways for climbing, fitness, yoga, and social experiences that inspire people to challenge themselves and engage in a lifestyle centered around health, friendship, and purpose.
The Head Setter will be responsible for overseeing and implementing all aspects of climbing and route setting at the Bouldering Project.
This role also involves supporting route setters and route setters-in-training in their development, maintaining the highest degree of quality in climbing, hiring and staffing for route setting needs, as well as working with the General Manager and Director of Setting Operations in the overall management of the climbing and safety at the gym. The Head Setter will be critical in helping curate the overall climbing experience in the gym and will work closely with the local team to ensure BP’s mission, vision, and values come to life through our climbing experience.
The Head Setter will also be responsible for and facilitate both USAC sanctioned and non-sanctioned competitions, other gym events, and occasional instruction hosted at the gym.
Bouldering Project Setting Goals:
1. Provide a climbing product in line with BP’s route setting and climbing experience guiding principles; that meets BP’s high standards for quality, diversity, aesthetic and movement; and sets the foundation for bringing BP’s Mission, Vision, and Values to life.
2. Represent and promote BP’s standards for risk management, professionalism, presentation, and cleanliness
3. Instill a strong sense of creativity, empathy, care, thoughtfulness and innovation in all product design.
4. Encourage a healthy practice of the sport of climbing by maintaining a regular schedule of climb rotation in order to keep clients enthused about climbing.
It is imperative to recognize that the gym’s clientele must maintain excitement about climbs, rotation, holds, and route setting—and that this excitement will often be communicated with the Head Setter. The Head Setter is, in many ways, the figurehead of climbing at BP and should strongly represent what it means to live BP’s values. The Head Setter will be responsible for providing the highest quality of climbing in the industry with the richest diversity of movement possible at each level. They will be expected to collaborate closely with the Bouldering Project’s Director of Route Setting Operations to continually support, develop, and advance route setting at BP.
– Develop and maintain a route setting schedule, distributing a difficulty and length/height concentration for climbs within the gym in an appropriate manner.
– Maintain and improve BP’s tapeless circuit system. Track and maintain appropriate distribution throughout the gym.
– Be available on a regular basis to meet with groups and to advertise the Bouldering Project.
– Communicate regularly with the General Manager about the status, quality, and offers of the climbing at the facility.
– Communicate with Programs Coordinator to create and maintain routes for children and special programming.
– Communicate with the Head Coach to create appropriate training opportunities for the teams.
– Point-person for the quality control for routes and climbing for the gym, acting as an arbiter and modifier of climbing routes during forerunning.
– Cleaning of walls and surrounding areas as required.
– Label routes and maintain quality of route presentation and labeling in the gym, adjusting labels and tape as required.
– Develop and maintain a route distribution and age display.
– Organize and implement appropriate and industry-leading safety systems during setting.
– Organize, facilitate, and set routes for competitions at the gym.
– Other duties as assigned.
Staff Management and Training
– Develop a privileged work relationship with the setting team and share the workload in an efficient manner
– Design, organize, implement, and oversee a setter safety-training program in order to protect our staff and customers.
– Maintain the highest standards of risk management, in line with BP, CWA and other industry standards.
– Participate with the General Manager to hire talented and qualified setters and apprentice setters.
– Schedule setting staff via organized, economical, and efficient staffing systems.
– Maintain employee motivation and job satisfaction through dynamic leadership.
– Communicate with staff to understand availability and share scheduling.
– Maintain discipline and professionalism among staff.Ensure setter staff quality by participating in assessment and evaluation.
– Communicate with the General Manager and setter staff, as needed, to ensure staff quality.
– Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Acquisition, Storage, and Maintenance
– Collaborate with the General Manager and Director of Setting Operations for regular new hold purchases.
– Maintain organized, clean, and efficient back-stock systems.Ensure that holds and equipment remain clean, functioning, and of high quality.
– Research new offerings in setting and holds.
– Collaborate with the General Manager to purchase setter tools (drills, ladders, etc.).
Personal and Group Instruction
– Regular time in the climbing areas interacting with customers and offering occasional instruction.
– Collaboration with fellow managers and all other staff.
– Other duties as assigned.
Scope of Work
Considerable autonomy in setting and climbing programming under the direction of the General Manager and with support from the Director of Setting Operations.
Supervise team of setters of all levels, as well as, the wall maintenance crew.
Though the route setting will be performed on a regular basis, many duties require an ability to be flexible in working hours: Weekday, weekends, and nights may be required.
Please attach your cover letter and resume to your application. The application window will close once the position has been filled. Applicants chosen to proceed in the interview process can expect an in-person and/or phone interview with the central setting team and the local General Manager the following week. Thank you.
Bouldering Project strives to embody equal opportunity in our workplaces. We believe that different perspectives and identities strengthen our communities and unlock our potential.