Website Ascent Studio Climbing & Fitness
Ascent Studio has had a successful and dynamic Youth Program since its inception. You can help continue this legacy and put your skills to work quickly by helping to manage a large summer camp program.
This is a fulltime (32-40hrs) position, and some weekend and occasional weeknight availability is expected.
Pay range: $19-24/hr
- Work directly with the Director of Programing, Lead Youth Instructors, and Youth Instructors to ensure that the Ascent Studio Youth Programs run smoothly and maintain safety and consistency for all participants.
- Manage the scheduling of Lead Youth Instructors and Youth Instructors for all Youth Clubs and Classes;
- Participate in the hiring and training process for Youth Instructors and Lead Youth Instructors;
- Track Youth Instructor Certifications to make sure they are up to date;
- Work with the Director of Programming to organize and lead regular Youth Staff meetings and trainings;
- Stay actively involved in every level of the Youth Clubs and Classes to ensure the optimal experience for each participant;
- Personally instruct a minimum of five hours of Youth Clubs and Classes per week;
- Work with the Director of Programming in developing curricula for all Youth Clubs and Classes;
- Work with the Director of Programming to develop teaching materials and resources for all Youth Instructors, and keep those resources updated;
- Track and communicate anecdotal data from all youth programs; including curriculum flaws and successes, safety and behavioral incidents, and participant attendance;
- Work with the Director of Programming to build the schedule for all youth programs, assess the need for specific offerings, and develop new offerings as needed;
- Manage the bookings for all Ascent Studio Youth Programs to ensure proper documentation and payment are acquired;
- Communicate program needs with the Director of Programming to ensure that the facility is always prepared for all Youth Clubs and Classes offered;
- Interact with parents frequently to provide the best possible experience for all parents associated with the Ascent Studio Youth Clubs and Classes;
- Work with the Director of Programming to assess marketing needs for all Youth Clubs and Classes offered by Ascent Studio.
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Two years of experience in youth instruction, preferably in the climbing realm
- Five years of climbing experience, preferably indoor and outdoor
- One year of management experience.
Ability to interface with parents on a professional level.
In-depth knowledge of and ability to teach all youth program offerings at Ascent Studio
- Reliability regarding schedule and responsibilities
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org