Website Portland Rock Gym
Position: Marketing Coordinator
Hours: Salaried Full-Time, Some evenings and occasional weekends
Compensation: $47,000 – $52,000 Annual Salary, Eligible for Health Coverage after 90 days, eligible for 401k plan with employer matching after 1000 hours.
Be a part of a locally owned climbing community in Portland! PRG has been dedicated to creating a strong, passionate, and inviting climbing community since 1987 when it was established as one of the first climbing gyms in the nation. Additionally, PRG is continuing its legacy of innovation with a second location coming soon in Beaverton. This gym will feature state of the art features/amenities and will continue to push the needle by being the largest gym in the country by square foot.
PRG is committed to serving the climbing, fitness and yoga community that serves us. We do this by focusing on having talented routesetters, experienced coaches, and excellent classes.
We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator that can help us be successful as we work on strengthening our brand identity and expanding. We are looking for a growth oriented individual with a background in Design/Social Media, Marketing, and Communications that will help us achieve our goals of strengthening our current community and generating interest in what will be one of the largest gyms in the country.
- Create content (photos, videos and advertisements) for use across multiple social media platforms consistent with our brand identity
- Respond to comments on social media channels and review sites
- Track and report engagement/followers and show quarterly growth
- Develop advertisements supporting the various needs and programs of the gym and make suggestions as to where to place advertisements
- Conduct market research and stay up to date on current trends
- Utilize Mailchimp or similar tools to regularly deliver important communications to our members and larger community
- Write marketing copy and cater messages to different customer demographics
- Work with Sales Manager to best utilize a monthly budget
- Complete design work for various departments across the gym in both print and digital media
- Work with local vendors to design branded apparel for the front desk to sell at retail
- Participate in promotional events (Reel Rock Tour, NW Kids, and our own internal parties/events)
- Update our website as needed in accordance with our guidelines, with a focus on SEO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Design or related field
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency with design and/or social media management
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in or desire to be a part of small business transitioning into mid-market
- Enthusiasm towards climbing or a willingness to learn/be involved
- Familiarity with Google advertising and other online advertising platforms
- Comfortable being at heights, both on a ladder and in a harness from a rope
- Familiarity with climbing photography
- Free membership
- 30% discount on all retail items/café
- Discounts at local outfitter Next Adventure
- Discounts at Prana’s Portland Store
- Pro-Deals with participating industry partners
- Opportunities to grow as the business expands over the coming year
If you fit this description and want to join a fun and dynamic team, please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position of interest in the subject line. Thank you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org