Website Gravity Lab
A Climbing Inspired Community Space
Title: ASSISTANT GYM MANAGER
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: Starting at $18/hour
Application Contact: email@example.com
Gravity Lab is seeking an energetic, motivated and natural leader to act as the Assistant Gym Manager. Our goal is to hire an individual who aligns with our core values of passion, inclusivity, integrity, inspiration, and community partnership. The gym leadership team is comprised of the Assistant Gym Manager, Head Route Setter and the Gym Director. As a team, they are responsible for ensuring that the gym functions smoothly, all staff are supported and upholding our Core Values, and that we are providing an excellent customer experience.
Gravity Lab is a locally owned, newly constructed climbing gym serving Southwest Colorado and the Greater Four Corners Region. We feature 4000 sq. feet of climbing surfaces, which includes: bouldering, roped climbing, spray wall, and training system boards. Our vision is to be an inclusive, climbing inspired community space that provides an engaging and quality climbing experience to all ages and abilities. We aim to serve as a resource for the community and to provide opportunities for education, fitness, health, wellness, and community connection.
The ideal candidate will have a balance of great customer service and leadership skills, as well as excellent administrative abilities. Proven success in developing and managing a high performing team in a fast-paced environment. Ability to see the big picture as well as the everyday details are essential to being a successful Assistant Gym Manager.
Assist the Gym Director with the management of all gym operations and administrative duties including but not limited to:
· Providing leadership and direction to all staff in alignment with our mission, vision and values
· Hiring, training, and scheduling of staff
· Management and mentorship of staff
· Overseeing the delivery of excellent front-line customer service
· Ability to connect with diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
· Ability to lead and influence through collaboration, managing change, and building consensus
· Resolving membership questions and customer service issues
· Serve as a shift supervisor for the gym as part of a rotating management schedule
· Working variable desk shifts per week as needed, including evenings and weekends.
· Development, implementation, and management of youth programming, including but not limited to: youth, school, specialty groups, training, and instruction.
· Development and delivery of high quality fitness and climbing clinics
· Help coordinate events
· Incredible customer service skills, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
· Excellent administrative abilities, including organization, comfort with computer work, and ability to learn new software
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate team goals
· Experience in retail, instruction, and operation
· Ability to build and lead a high-performance team
· Vision for what needs to be done and ability to execute (self-directed)
· Night, weekend, longer days and event availability
· Embodies the mission, vision and values of Gravity Lab and able to foster this sense of culture in staff
· Ability to solve problems and handle difficult situations with sound judgment
· Proficient in organizational tools such as web-based applications, MS Office and POS tools
· Passionate individual who is eager to integrate and build the local climbing community
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org