OUR ACTIONS TO REDUCE THE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF CLIMBING
After obtaining an ISO 9001 certification in 2004 and ensuring its regular renewal, EP Climbing pursues its CSR commitment by having successfully passed the ISO 14001 certification.
This certification concerns our Construction Workshops located in Spain and France, which are responsible for the European market for our climbing walls and mats.
Obtaining this certification is a logical step in our development and is in line with our values. This certification has enabled us to manage our environmental impact, including waste management, in addition to structuring the workplace to ensure optimal working conditions for our employees.
WHAT IS ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is a certification which is based on the principle of continuous improvement of environmental performance by controlling the impacts of the company’s activity.
It means that the company has undergone an environmental analysis which shows:
• a reduction in the environmental impact of its activities;
• that the company has an environmental policy which reflects the management’s commitment to environmental protection;
• and that on this basis, target objectives, with a timetable, are established in accordance with environmental legislation.
A series of operational controls are carried out to ensure the sustainability of control.
EP’S PRODUCTION POLICY
- The manufacturing process is carried out in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Our production waste is disposed of by a government-approved and certified company.
- We strive to reduce our emissions of polluting gases into the atmosphere.
- We strive to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We are committed to reducing our electricity consumption and waste by being more efficient, productive and adapting our machines and processes.
- Our plastic packaging is 80% recycled.
- 80% of the glue used is water-based
- Partnership with an upcycling company that recycles our PVC waste into leather goods
- We work with a vocational rehabilitation center to integrate disabled workers
WALLS & VOLUMES SPECIFICITIES
- The working conditions are safe, with filtered air removing the need for a face mask.
- Our paints are VOC-free, no volatile organic compounds can be inhaled, neither by the workers nor by the climbers.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ISO 9001 AND ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is the globally recognized standard which certifies environmental management systems, whereas ISO 9001 is the globally recognized standard which certifies a business’s quality management system.
CBJ press releases are written by the sponsor and do not represent the views of the Climbing Business Journal editorial team.