Today Climbing Business Journal—the leading independent outlet for climbing gym industry news—released its renowned Gyms and Trends report. The report chronicles and analyzes all the major industry happenings for the year 2022. More specifically, the report showcases the size and scope of the climbing gym industry in the United States and Canada, exploring in-depth the various shifts, changes and evolutions that took place in climbing gyms of all types last year. And, for the first time ever, the report reveals average annual growth rates in the U.S. and Canada and features a look at Mexico’s climbing gym industry as well, thus expanding the breadth of the report to encompass all of North America.
The 10th annual Gyms and Trends 2022 report (featuring charts and graphs with accompanying key figures, data and text) covers:
- All new climbing gym openings and closures of 2022
- The growth rate of the climbing gym industry, with economic underpinnings and implications
- Landmark labor organizing and union formations that took place at climbing gyms in 2022
- The COVID pandemic’s ongoing impact on climbing gyms and supply chains
- Innovative products that hit the gym market in 2022
- Decade-long climbing gym industry statistics and in-depth analysis of five and ten-year growth metrics, in celebration of the 10th anniversary of Gyms and Trends reports
- A sneak peek of new climbing gyms that are planned for 2023 and beyond
Stay up-to-date: Keep your finger on the pulse of the climbing industry by subscribing to weekly emails from Climbing Business Journal. Read more stories at climbingbusinessjournal.com. Follow Climbing Business Journal on the most popular social media platforms (Instagram: @climbingjournal Twitter: @ClimbingJournal Facebook: ClimbingBusinessJournal). Stay tuned for a Climbing Business Journal podcast, coming soon!
About Climbing Business Journal: Climbing Business Journal (“CBJ”) is one of the only independent news sources devoted to the climbing industry, and the preeminent source for information, news and advice on climbing gym developments. CBJ’s Gyms and Trends report is annually one of the most widely read comprehensive surveys of the climbing gym industry, and it has been a trusted authority and reference since its inaugural edition in 2013.
Scott Rennak, Publisher
Climbing Business Journal