Just a few thoughts
With a pause in the World Cup circuit, a couple articles this week converged on a theme: climbing can be for everyone. Maybe it’s a community bouldering wall in a public park, or someone gravitates to climbing that defies expectations. You know someone that could benefit from climbing – take them with you next time!
Grip List plug: routesetters, please take our survey by July 31st. We know you have favorites… tell us about them! You might even win goodies from Butora or Gnarly.
See The Freshest Job Posts Here
- Build-A-Crag in Grand Rapids (Sierra McGivney, AAC)
- Meet the 330-pound NFL Lineman Addicted to Rock Climbing (Owen Clarke, Climbing Mag)
- Belaying an XL – Tips for Lightweight Climbers (Kitty Calhoun, Climbing Mag)
- How To Take Someone Climbing For Their First Time (Noah Walker, Gripped)
Hunt, Nonaka, Pilz Golden at World Games – A Preview of the 2024 Olympics?(John Burgman, Climbing Mag)
2022 IFSC World Cup Season – Boulder Recap (Christiane Marceau, CEC)
The Secret Cheese Competitions at IFSC World Cups (Delaney Miller, Climbing Mag)
Setting + Movement + Training
- Video: The Routesetter Perspective (Stefano Ghisolfi)
- Video: Udo Neumann – Climb Injury-Free Interview (The Climbing Doctor)
- Podcast: Climbing Tactics & Pro Climber Analysis (Eric Hörst, Training 4 Climbing)
- Podcast: Does strength training help to prevent shoulder injuries in climbers?(The Power Company)
For Gym Staff & Managers
- How To Hire Effectively Part 1 (Paul Terbrueggen, CWA)
- Learn How To Adapt And Overcome In The Indoor Climbing Industry (Brendan, CWA)
- Sell Products In Your Gym Without Being Pushy (David Gladish, CWA)
- 19 New Climbing Products and Services for Summer 2022 (CBJ)
- Kid’s Climbing Zones Are The New Must For Climbing Gyms (Walltopia)
Climbing Business Journal is an independent news outlet dedicated to covering the indoor climbing industry. Here you will find the latest coverage of climbing industry news, gym developments, industry best practices, risk management, climbing competitions, youth coaching and routesetting. Have an article idea? CBJ loves to hear from readers like you!