During the pandemic, Atomik is shipping accepted orders within 5 business days.
The influx of pandemic-related orders has provided us with some very valuable information. We now know what our capacity is. Because we value timely and excellent service, Atomik has pushed hard to meet the needs of our customers. Our team has been working at an intense and unsustainable pace. Therefore, our next steps, outlined below, are intended to find a balance between looking after our team and looking after our customers.
We closed our website on April 12th because we wanted to prevent a backlog of orders. We are now caught up and have a plan. To continue to deliver on our commitment of turning your order around in five business days, we will be restricting how many orders are accepted. When we hit the five-day threshold, we will remove the “add to cart” button from the website. This will only be for a few days. Once we are caught up we will allow more orders and the “add to cart” button will be available again.
We are prepared for this next volume of orders with our refined process and 30% more staff. Our capacity has increased substantially.
Here are the details on how you can help us ship as many orders into the climbing community as possible. They are in order from fastest to slowest production times. This list is for those that care more about speed than exact colors.
- T-nut Only Orders. All hardware, including your favorite t-nuts, are in stock. It is best to order bolts with your holds; however, we recommend buying your t-nuts separately. We can ship t-nuts the same day that you order them, if you place your order before noon MST.
- Order solid-colored sets. For example, 12 Steep Wall Crimps in blue. This is the fastest way for us to produce.
- Order Assorted Bright Tones #1. This is our most common color request. So, we regularly pour them. They are red, blue, green, orange, and yellow.
- Order Assorted Earth Tones #1. This is the most common color request for earth tones. This color option is not ordered as often, which means we don’t pour them as regularly.
- Custom Color Combinations, Fluorescent, Assorted Bright #2, Assorted Earth #2. These are very low volume colors, which means that we must designate specific times and allocate space to accommodate them. If you want them, no problem. Just know that when we plan our day of production, these are the last colors to be completed.
Lastly, I personally want to thank you for your business. I have always run Atomik to offer cost-effective products with the fastest turn-around time. We accomplish this by manufacturing our own brand. During the pandemic, I have committed to shutting off all selling channels, except our website. I believe this decision will best serve our climbing community.
I wish you all the best in health.
Climbing Business Journal is an independent news outlet dedicated to covering the indoor climbing industry. Here you will find the latest coverage of climbing industry news, gym developments, industry best practices, risk management, climbing competitions, youth coaching and routesetting. Have an article idea? CBJ loves to hear from readers like you!