Youth Championship Routesetting Clinic and Youth Bouldering Nationals Preparation Camp at Bloc Haven in Greenville, South Carolina
Youth Championship Routesetting Clinic
The goal of this clinic is give setters with minimal or no championship setting
experience more confidence going into a championship level event and begin building
their competition setting resume. There is no USAC certification for this clinic.
- How to set, forerun, and adjust boulders for championship level events
- Learn/experience the changeover process from round to round
- Opportunity to collaborate and network with other setters from around the nation.
- Instruction by two USAC L4 national route setters & instructors – Aaron Davis and
- 6 day clinic – 3 days of setting & instruction, 2 days of changeover & tweak process,
1 day of observation
- 1 meal/day included
- Lodging & travel not included – will assist in coordinating lodging with other
- 10 available spots
- No USAC route setting certification required.
Youth Bouldering Nationals Preparation Camp
This 3 day camp is designed for those athletes who are looking to step up their mental
game before heading to Chicago for Nationals. The camp will be led by nationally
renowned Coaches Kerry Scott, Matt Jones, Jackie Petit and Will Snader.
The goal of the camp is to provide athletes with an intensive preparation environment
to help instill confidence in their abilities for Nationals.
- 3 days of Instruction & Reflection
- Onsight Round Simulation
- Movement Stations
- July 1st – July 3rd, 2022
- Read more about the Youth Bouldering Nationals Preparation Camp here
Climbing Business Journal is an independent news outlet dedicated to covering the indoor climbing industry. Here you will find the latest coverage of climbing industry news, gym developments, industry best practices, risk management, climbing competitions, youth coaching and routesetting. Have an article idea? CBJ loves to hear from readers like you!