Another CWA Summit has come and gone, and this one was the largest yet. Gym managers, route setters, manufacturer reps and many owners of climbing businesses converged on Loveland, Colorado, to share information and experiences. By the numbers…
- Nearly 1,000 attended
- 76 exhibitors on the floor
- 65 speakers on panels and workshops
- 49 educational sessions
Our coverage from CBJ is focused on three areas:
- A-to-Z exhibitor highlights in case you missed the show
- 6 cool new products we noticed on the exhibitor floor
- Gathering your feedback on workshops and presentations to help guide our future editorial direction.
With over 70 sessions spread across 5 days, suffice to say CBJ editors did not make it to every session. Like everyone else, we chose a few, missed most, but still learned a lot.
Which sessions would you have attended? Would you let us know by taking this survey? We will use the results to guide future editorial direction. Thank you for your time.
John Burgman is the author of High Drama, a book that chronicles the history of American competition climbing. He is a Fulbright journalism grant recipient and a former magazine editor. He holds a master’s degree from New York University and bachelor’s degree from Miami University. In addition to writing, he coaches a youth bouldering team. Follow him on Twitter @John_Burgman and Instagram @jbclimbs