Website Vertical Solutions
Come as you are. We'll send you home stronger.
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER AT VERTICAL SOLUTIONS
The Structural Engineer will prepare and stamp structural calculations, technical reports, contract plans and specifications for climbing walls. Other responsibilities will include researching and developing structural engineering techniques and approaches as well as verifying and validating designs. Vertical Solutions has a proven and matured climbing wall structural system and we are looking to bring our engineering in house. We have a great relationship with our current engineering firm, and the transition in house will be cooperative. We are also exploring mid-size steel building fabrication for the Salt Lake Area, and this position would likely lead to building a small team to carry the loads of our current needs, climbing wall market expansion, and diversification into buildings. We are looking for a senior engineer with entrepreneurial spirit to help us develop this department.
You know aesthetics matters. You work carefully and efficiently and you take pride in the quality of what you produce. You are an expert craftsman, and you want to be involved in purposeful work with legacy efficacy.
You understand the importance of precision, and you are committed to supporting your team by ensuring what they receive from you fits the first time. Your eye for process improvement and commitment to quality control ensures you do not perform at status quo you push your team and company to new heights (no pun intended).
Indoor rock climbing has become an incredibly popular mainstream sport and will soon be featured in the Olympic Games. Nearly every state in the nation is now home to at least one rock climbing gym, and all forecasts predict the sport will only continue to grow. We intend to grow with it! Like all industries, there are some who do it poorly, some who do it well, and some who do it best. Vertical Solutions, the nation’s largest domestic climbing wall manufacturer, does it best. We build indoor climbing walls throughout the country with distinctive materials that set us apart from (and above) the competition, and we have set the industry standard for design and aesthetics. Our walls are fabricated at our headquarters in Salt Lake City by an expert team of carpenters and welders and shipped to job sites across the country for assembly by our traveling field crew. VS also produces a full fleet of climbing holds and pads, and offers in-depth business development consulting, making us the only true full-service gym builder in the U.S.. The rapid expansion of our company and industry ensures ample opportunity for career development and upward mobility.
Primary and Essential Functions
- Delivers engineering solutions on multiple projects;
- Works with Client’s structural engineer’s for project coordination;
- Responds to permit review comments;
- Provides technical engineering expertise to Project Manager and/or client to ensure the project complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instructions;
- Creates climbing wall structures including structural steel and foundation drawings to meet client’s and management’s specifications;
- Reviews, analyzes and resolves field and/or design issues;
- Makes design recommendations and/or adaptations.
- Meets daily with team to provide updates on progress towards weekly goals;
- Prepares structural designs, plans, and specifications, using computer design software including Rhino3D, Revit, RISA, Advanced Steel, Adobe Suite;
- Conduct field visits on occasion;
- Works closely with team members consulting engineers to manage each project, ensuring deadlines are met;
- Document processes and procedures;
- Stamps projects in most states.
- Researches and proposes new technologies and growth opportunities;
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Structural, or Architectural Engineering;
- Licensed PE (SE preferred) with qualifications necessary to get licenses in all States;
- Minimum of ten years’ of related work experience;
- Knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to codes, design criteria, and structural theories.
- Must be proficient in Rhino3D, Revit, RISA and have solid 3-D modeling abilities;
- Knowledge of Agile principles preferred;
- Ability to work independently and with a team while meeting established deadlines.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to double check own work for errors;
- Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures that will fuel continued growth within our current construction niche;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Proactive, self-starter;
- Well-developed time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and other associates, while maintaining a constant focus on exceeding customer requirements and expectations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Majority of time is spent in a office environment, however, when in the shop or at job site may be exposed to the following;
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts, tool and vibrations;
- Noise level is typical of that found in a construction environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertical Solutions is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity environment of mutual respect for all its people. This work atmosphere is available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Vertical Solutions strongly believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our teams is critical to our success as an organization. We are driven to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As such, we highly encourage those with diverse backgrounds to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org