Website Vertical Solutions
Ready to join a team of talented artists and craftsmen, all driven by a shared passion for climbing and the outdoors? Vertical Solutions is the nation’s premier domestic resource for indoor rock-climbing walls, holds, flooring, equipment, and consulting. We pride ourselves in delivering highly aesthetic, best-in-class products and services to help aspiring gym owners, managers, and route setters bring their visions to life.
We’ve honed our skills to do so through our partnerships with The Front Climbing Club and VY Architecture. Owned and operated in Salt Lake City, VY Architecture articulates The Front Climbing Club’s dreams into drawings and Vertical Solutions creates the means to build them. We’re looking for a seasoned Superintendent to oversee the means as we expand into ground-up facilities, beginning with the expansion of The Front Climbing Club locations in the Salt Lake Valley. The Front and Vertical Solutions share ownership- this will be a unique opportunity to work with an internal client.
As our Superintendent, your resources will include our teams of in-house designers, steelworkers and carpenters. Each team adheres to agile methodology and process planning and utilizes state-of-the-art software to make data-driven decisions. While this will not negate the importance of strong communication skills and experience managing subcontractors, these resources will greatly aid in the execution of each.
Our ideal candidate will be driven and ambitious, adept in 5S and lean methodologies, and able to maintain thorough administration over a ground-up site. They will need experience in multistory steel buildings and must be a strong leader with exceptional communication skills and proactive inclinations to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget.
Haven’t tried climbing before? No problem! We offer all full-time employees and their partners free memberships to all locations of our sister company, The Front Climbing Club. In addition to some of the country’s finest indoor climbing walls, we offer yoga, jiu jitsu and group fitness classes, in addition to a traditional free weights and cardio space, and saunas. We want you to experience why we love what we do!
- Manage the RFIRFQ process.
Supervise all aspects of construction sites, including adherence to project documents, project schedule, and field personnel management.
- Assist project management in developing and implementing project procedures, standards, etc.
- Ensure subcontractor work complies with drawings.
- Maintain a detailed project schedule.
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs.
- Ensure all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc.
- Assume responsibility for productivity of subcontractors, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Regularly inspects work for quality and timeliness.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, roadblocks, etc.) as required.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Superintendent in residential and commercial construction
- Degree or related experience in Construction Management
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and budget
Adept with Architectural plan sets (all disciplines)
- In-depth knowledge of commercial construction, including building codes, trade sequencing
- Ability to identify, investigate and quantify project problems and corresponding alternatives and consequences
- Experience with construction management software such as Procore, Timberline, Bluebeam, CMiC, PlanGrid, Textura, and willing to learn a proprietary program.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Agile methodology experience preferred
- 5s and lean methodology experience preferred
- Design-build experience preferred
Vertical Solutions is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity environment of mutual respect for all its people. This work atmosphere is available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Vertical Solutions strongly believes that diversity and inclusion amongst our teams is critical to our success as an organization. We are driven to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As such, we highly encourage those with diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com