Website USA Climbing
About USA Climbing
USA Climbing is the National Governing Body for the sport of competition climbing in the United States. Our mission is to support the well-being, development, and competitive excellence of our athletes as we advance the accessibility and growth of the climbing community nationwide. We are a small, but highly committed team dedicated to advancing the sport and supporting the athletes in achieving their best. USA Climbing conducts programs and events for our youth, collegiate, paraclimbing, and elite series.
We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative individual to be part of the High Performance team helping to make Sport Climbing one of the fastest growing sports in the US. The Strength & Conditioning | Speed Team Manager will join the USA Climbing High Performance staff in Salt Lake City as a full-time staff member, becoming a key component toward our US Team High Performance development.
This position will collaborate with the USA Climbing National Team Head Coach and Team Physical Therapist/Medical Manager to develop and implement strength and conditioning programs for Elite National Team athletes of all three climbing disciplines (Boulder, Lead, and Speed). This role will also manage the Elite Speed National Team, which will require traveling to domestic and international competitions. This coach will be an integral part of our team’s quest toward better international performance culminating at the highest level with the Olympic Games.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Speed Program Management
· Travel with and management of competing athletes to all IFSC Speed World Cups, World Championships, Pan American Games and Olympic Games.
· Work with USA Climbing National Teams Manager to plan travel for competing speed athletes
· Further develop Speed Climbing as a discipline within USA Climbing
· Organize and facilitate speed training camps and opportunities domestically and internationally
· Design, implement and supervise strength and conditioning training programs for all climbing disciplines (bouldering, lead, and speed) for the Elite USA Climbing National Team athletes for athletes both in person and remotely from Salt Lake City
· Aid in conducting performance testing and monitoring of athletes. This may include fitness testing data collection, analysis, and interpretation
· Communicate closely with the USA Climbing Head Coach and National Team Physical Therapist/Medical Manager for training programming, rehabilitation, and injury prevention as needed
· Comply with all applicable USA Climbing rules and requirements
· Monitor and supervise the Training Center, including periodic opening and closing duties
· Manage and communicate needs for maintenance and repairs of the weight room equipment to ensure safety while maintaining daily upkeep of facility and equipment
· Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
· Bachelor’s degree is required
· Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) license is required
· Must have at least two (2) years of strength and conditioning experience
· Minimum one (1) year of direct oversight or participation in administration of strength and conditioning program for athletes at the collegiate or professional level
· CPR & First Aid Certification required
· The ideal candidate will have an understanding of speed climbing and the speed route, and quickly learn and apply individualized best strategies toward improved performance on the speed route
· Driven, dedicated, and open minded
· Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment
· Comfortable with international travel and applicable logistics
· Empathetic, receptive, and willing to collaborate and compromise toward shared goals
· Detail oriented and results driven with an understanding of when flexibility is key
Compensation / Other
· Annual salary of $55,000-65,000, commensurate with experience
· Vacation / Paid Time Off included
· Inclusion in USAC benefits package (Health/Vision/Dental, IRA including company match)
· “Pro Deals” with participating companies
· Position involves domestic and international travel and some evening and weekend work
USA Climbing supports diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms and strives to incorporate diversity, equity, and inclusion into all it does, including its hiring practices. We encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply.