Website Summit Climbing Yoga Fitness
Routesetters are an integral part of the Summit community and are responsible for creating and maintaining routes and boulders throughout the Summit locations. Routesetters must have a high comprehension of climbing, movement, and the ability to design a product congruent with the needs and wants of our customer base. Each setter is assigned to a crew that can sometimes set at multiple locations per week.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have ability to seek, accept, and give constructive feedback
- Must have the ability to forerun top rope, lead, and bouldering routes
- Must have an advanced understanding of climbing movement from V0&5.6 to V7&5.13a and be able to set/forerun routes within this spectrum
- Must have at least 1 year of commercial setting experience
- Preferred qualifications: USA Climbing Route Setting Certification (Level 1 or higher), Competition setting experience
- Arrive on time and ready to work each day with a positive attitude
- Ability to commute between locations
- Set up work zone each morning (cones, netting, ladders)
- Set 4 days a week with a mid-week “rest” day where we perform maintenance for the gyms or flex into other roles for other departments.
- Take initiative during “down-time” of the work day to organize, clean, and maintain setting area and equipment.
- Set and maintain routes, boulders, and climbing terrain.
- Work collaboratively to forerun routes/boulders within your ability while providing constructive feedback
- Attend any routesetter team meetings
- Must understand and adhere to Summit Work At Heights Protocol
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift at 50lbs over your head multiple times throughout the day
- Crouching, kneeling, twisting, reaching, climbing, pushing, pulling
- Repetitive motions of the hands, wrists, feet and/or fingers
- Ability to drive to multiple locations as needed
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Gym membership
To apply for this job please visit www.summitgyms.com.