Website Spire Climbing + Fitness
Spire Climbing + Fitness is looking for a dedicated, outgoing, and organized individual to help lead and manage our growing youth competitive climbing program (Bozeman Climbing Team). We are looking for someone who enjoys working with competitive youth, is a positive leader, and can inspire the next generation of climbers. This is a full-time position and hours will depend on the applicant’s desires and skill set. We have flexibility in this position and will be looking at all qualified candidates and how their skill sets can benefit our team.
Spire Climbing + Fitness, located in the beautiful mountain town of Bozeman, MT, has two facilities totaling over 23,000 square feet of full service climbing and fitness amenities. We are a community-oriented business striving to provide the best possible experience to all our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and support the growth and development of our staff.
- Develop and coach high performing climbing athletes in a holistic way that meets our climbing team mission statement. Our mission at Spire is to instill in each athlete a healthy lifelong passion for the sport of climbing. We strive to foster a growth mindset through positive motivation and a focus on each individual’s needs as they strive to overcome the obstacles to becoming a better athlete. Whether the goal is competition or a personal best, we provide a fun, but serious environment to inspire each athlete to push their limits and seek continuous growth and learning.
- Co-develop training curriculum with our Head Coach and administer the overall climbing team program while working with our coaches to develop comprehensive training schedules for bouldering, sport, and speed climbing seasons
- Help coordinate practices and effectively delegate tasks to supporting team coaches
- Actively recruit, hire, train, manage and schedule supporting team coaches
- Work alongside and with Youth Program/Rec Team Manager to create and implement team programming and curriculum
- Perform climber assessments, private lessons and develop individual training plans
- Coordinate travel plans for coaches and attend Local, Regional, Divisional, and National level USAC competitions with athletes
- Actively recruit new youth team members
- Work evenings and certain weekends for training and competitions
- Attend and coordinate team community events such as competitions, team dinners, parent meetings, and post season celebrations
- Communicate with parents about team updates, practices, and competitions. Build exceptional rapport with athletes and parents
- Manage account billing, team website, social media accounts, team news, ordering of team uniforms and apparel
- Communicate with the General Manager, Head Coach, and other managers to coordinate scheduling and gym operations
- Coordinate annual summer outdoor climbing team trip to Ten Sleep, Wy.
- Be a positive and active role model in our community
- Additional responsibilities such as route setting, instruction, personal training, and customer service may be added based on the skill, experience, and goals of the successful applicant
- Two or more years of USAC youth coaching and training experience of competition level athletes at the regional, divisional, and national levels in all disciplines (preferably as a head coach or lead role).
- Experience managing employees and the ability to inspire and motivate other staff
- Three or more years of climbing experience
- L2 USAC Coach certified or ability to acquire a USAC L2 Coach Certification
- Preferably two or more years route setting experience in a commercial climbing facility
Desirable Skill Sets and Characteristics
- Passion for rock climbing and fitness
- Experience climbing both indoors and outdoors, with all disciplines and technical rock skills
- Self-motivated and strong teamwork skills
- Highly organized, goal oriented, and time management skills
- Strong leadership, communication, and emotional intelligence skills
- Higher level education in a related field such as Personal Training or Exercise Science
- Experience using Rock Gym Pro
- CPR/First Aid
- Willing to make a long-term commitment
Compensation and Benefits
Spire Climbing + Fitness offers competitive pay and benefits such as paid time off, health stipend, employer matching retirement plan, flexible working hours, gym membership and gear discounts. Compensation and benefits of a successful applicant DOE.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org