We create community, share passion, and inspire philanthropy
Movement is committed to creating communities where everyone belongs, sharing our life passions (which often include climbing, yoga, and fitness…but not always), and inspiring philanthropy through our actions. We recognize that our team members are the pillars of our business, and because of this, we have created career paths in gyms where they didn’t exist before. We pay competitive wages, develop leaders, and focus on DEI internally and externally.
Our core values of partnership, inclusion, passion, innovation, and integrity define how we operate, behave, and interact with each other and our members. Using our values as a guide, we are building an extraordinary team where each member plays a role in fostering communities and inspiring social impact through our gyms in California, Colorado, Illinois, Maryland, Oregon, Texas, and the Washington D.C. Metro area. Join us!
About the role
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meets bi-weekly with Gym management to prioritize and plan for each of the gyms they work in.
- Performs general maintenance.
- Uses project management software, Asana, to manage tasks.
- Coordinates with Facilities Service Providers when projects or repairs require a trade skill (such as electrical, HVAC, plumbing, etc). While communicating progress to GD/AD via project software and direct communications
Maintains clear lines of communications with Regional Facilities Manager.
- Coordinates monthly and annual maintenance calendar, and facilities requests from the gym, preparing schedule, timeline, costs and staffing needs proposal, then executing the proposal when approved.
- Works with the Regional Facilities Manager to develop maintenance procedures and ensures implementation.
- Manages relationships with contractors and service providers (fitness equipment providers, pest control, etc.)
- Keeps maintenance logs and reports on daily activities, keeping directors in the loop.
- Monitors equipment inventory and places orders when necessary, seeking budget approval from Regional Facilities Manager
- Performs manual repairs and conducts (or coordinates) general upkeep procedures, such as landscaping, painting, light carpentry, foam padding repairs and replacement, etc.
- Supervises and occasionally performs Rope and Anchors checks (training available)
- Ensures that the employee work in the gyms is performed in a safe manner and complies with applicable safety requirements. This includes rope-access work as needed for repairs and inspections.
- Responds to and addresses urgent maintenance needs per Movement Policy
- Maintains info log and contact info for each gym on frequent repair service providers such as HVAC, Fire, Alarm, etc.
What success looks like:
- Maintaining all building systems and equipment in a fully functional state
- Proactively noticing problems and addressing them in a timely way so they don’t become critical
- Communicating facility project status effectively to directors and other stakeholders
- Advocating for facility improvements
What you’ll bring with you
- Full time hours with a flexible schedule (ex: flex to work late nights, early mornings and weekends if work is needed to be done during non-business/busy hours)
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently, but in line with gym and director goals
- Ability to safely use and supervise use of power tools and ladders.
- Ability to keep track of and report on status of projects.
- Organized and efficient, and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform Rope Access work and be comfortable working on ropes at height (training available).
- Responds to emails and other inquiries by end of business day.
- Supports and embodies Movement’s core values
- Computer Skills (Word, Excel, Asana).
- Ability to work on a ladder and lift 50lbs.
- Have a drivers license and ability to travel to all region gyms
Bonus points for:
- Experience maintaining rock climbing walls and climbing safety equipment
- Working knowledge of climbing gym floor and wall systems.
- Broad experience in facility maintenance including plumbing, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, and finish work.
- Working knowledge of facilities machines and equipment, tools and devices.
We believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences make our team stronger. Even if your background doesn’t 100% match the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply and share how your unique experience and transferable skills would make you successful in this role.
What it’s like to work for Movement
We’re a group of people who love what we do. But don’t just take it from us, check out what our team members have to say.
We’re driven by our mission to create community, share passion, and inspire philanthropy. To learn more about our mission, purpose, core values, and DEI work, we hope you take some time to get to know us here!
Full Time Movement Team Members are offered the following perks and benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance plan options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Paid sick time
- 8 weeks parental leave plus 4 weeks of bonding time
- Life and disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program – free confidential support for things like stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- 401(K) Employer Match (based on plan eligibility requirements)
- Free membership to all Movement gyms, complimentary guest passes, and discounts on courses, camps, personal training and other Movement offerings that aren’t already included in gym membership
- Industry pro deals and in-gym retail discounts
- Exclusive company discount on pet insurance to help protect your furry, scaley, feathered, or otherwise non-human family members
- This is a Full-time position
- Base compensation for this role starts between $20.75 and $26 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience
- This role is based in our Englewood and Baker locations
- This role is based in our Colorado region – applicants will be assigned a primary location but must be available to work at all regional locations
Movement is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.