Website High Point Climbing and Fitness, Huntsville
High Point Climbing and Fitness is now accepting applications for the full-time position of Assistant Manager for our Huntsville, Alabama facilities. This is a management position with a strong emphasis on customer service and gym operations. As such we are seeking a candidate who is excited about climbing and sharing that passion with a thriving community in Huntsville.
High Point has a demonstrated commitment to building world class climbing gyms in the Southeast. Thriving facilities in Chattanooga, Birmingham, Memphis, Huntsville, Cleveland and (soon to open) Orlando, FL are just the beginning. Employees with exceptional work ethic, positive attitude and consistently top tier performance will have ample opportunity for professional development and advancement within the company.
And there is amazing climbing. Huntsville has easy access to the best climbing in the Southeast. Horse Pens, Rock Town, Stonefort, Little River Canyon, Denny Cove, Foster Falls, Castle Rock and many, many others are less than two hours away.
• Recruit, train and mentor all staff in collaboration with the GM and Shift Supervisors
• Demonstrate exceptional leadership and act as an expert resource to desk staff.
• Identify opportunities to enhance member experience and retention
• Handle day-to-day operations including group scheduling, class instruction, facility maintenance, and inventory management.
• Manage ongoing gym/equipment inspection logs
• Collaborate with General Manager and Shift Supervisors on inventory and building supply needs
• Contribute in management meetings to identify opportunities for improvement in regards to operational execution, market strategies, and policy implementation.
Qualifications and Skills:
• A strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Outstanding customer service skills, and ability to communicate effectively.
• Administrative excellence: well organized, motivated, and goal oriented.
• Experience in staff management or team leadership.
• Ability to make decisions effectively in high-pressure situations.
• A high level of visual acuity in risk management.
• Friendly and outgoing personality, comfortable working with large groups and enjoy interacting with kids.
• Competencies in the disciplines of bouldering, sport climbing, and traditional climbing.
• Experience with Rock Gym Pro software
• Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certifications or willingness to acquire.
• CWI/AMGA Certifications
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
• Responsibilities and time split between supporting front desk staff and administrative obligations assigned by the General Manager.
• Confident and comfortable working in an environment of high traffic.
• Comfortable working at height and moving up and down a climbing wall.
• Constantly standing and walking for extended periods of time.
• Ability to repeatedly lift, push, pull, and carry 50+ pounds.
• Ability to climb, squat, crawl, balance, and kneel.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Full time annual salary up to $45,000 per year(pay based on experience)
• Paid time off
• Free Membership to all High Point Climbing and Fitness locations
• Participation in company healthcare policy
• Access to in-store, employee purchase and pro-deal discounts
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and application to:
General Manager – Midcity and Lincoln Mill
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com