Website Head Rush Technologies
Powering The World's Most Epic Adventures!
Job Title: Manufacturing/Sustaining Engineer
Department: Product Development/Operations
Reports To: Engineering Manager
ABOUT HEAD RUSH TECHNOLOGIES
Are you ready to power epic adventures? Based 15 minutes from beautiful Boulder, Colorado, Head Rush Technologies is on a mission to power the most epic adventures in the world. Leveraging our passionate approach to adventure safety, we create and service clearly superior products and solutions for businesses at height. This includes innovative equipment for the outdoor, amusement and recreation industries.
Being the first company to bring technology from trains, elevators and roller coasters into the climbing arena, we are best known for our application of eddy current braking in products such as our TRUBLUE Auto Belay, as well as our QuickFlight Free Fall Device and zipSTOP Zip Line Brake.
It’s not just our products that set us apart though. At Head Rush, we believe in connecting passion with purpose. To do this, we partner with climbing’s biggest stars, film festivals and advocacy organizations to grow the sport of climbing by promoting better access and inclusiveness. What else do we stand for? We value our customers and collaboration, see problems as opportunities to drive results, and relentlessly focus on quality. Most importantly, we love what we do and why we do it!
The Manufacturing/Sustaining Engineer oversees Head Rush Technologies’ Manufacturing system. He/she ensures that all products leaving the factory are fully functional, defect-free, and are efficiently and consistently assembled using high quality components that meet the company’s stringent Quality requirements. In addition, the Manufacturing/Sustaining Engineer develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications, quality standards, recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls, and coordinates manufacturing launch of new products.
When/if the company learns of any manufacturing bottleneck or potential product deficiency, it is the Manufacturing Engineer’s TOP PRIORITY to work with the Quality Engineer to quickly and efficiently mitigate and/or eliminate the concern. Additionally, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for establishing systems and procedures to reduce or eliminate future deficiency occurrences.
ESSENTIAL MANUFACTURING DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interface with NPD engineers to ensure assemblies are designed for manufacturing (DFM), including GD&T reviews
• Develop and maintain component specifications, drawings, and inspection documents
• Determine action plans to remedy issues caused by non-conforming parts
• Lead the build and modification of mechanical systems including; assembly & disassembly process, in-process quality
inspection instructions, assembly tooling design, new product assembly and process development, work flow analyses
and improvements, and facilities/equipment planning
• Resolution of manufacturing, quality, and reliability issues
• Generate recertification and warranty repair/rebuild procedures and product rework systems
• Accurately estimate and effectively communicate manufacturing costs, time, and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements for new and/or existing product lines
• Maintain/Update file revisions for current product utilizing Solidworks/PDM
• Coordinate with Quality Engineer to implement recommended assembly/process improvements
• Represent manufacturing on cross-functional teams
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks
• Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations, both international and domestic
• BA/BS in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or Business Administration, or 4-year technical degree in related
discipline, or a combination of education and work experience
• 3+ years of experience in Manufacturing Engineer role, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related
• 2+ years experience with Solidworks and PDM, or similar CAD and Data Management software
• Demonstrated excellence in the utilization of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools
• Exceptional problem solving/analysis skills using sound engineering principals
• Project Management Skills – ability to simultaneously manage numerous projects while utilizing a broad range of
company resources in an efficient manner
• High technical capacity and knowledge of all aspects of component and product design, manufacturing, and quality
• Strong oral and written communication skills
$65,000 – $80,000 DOE
Head Rush Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. . We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a positive work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If this opportunity looks interesting to you, please submit your resume in PDF format Luke.Smith@headrushtech.com. Include a personalized cover letter explaining your interest in the position and our company. Submissions not meeting all requirements will not be considered as complete.
To apply for this job email your details to Luke.Smith@headrushtech.com