Website G1 Climbing + Fitness
Recreational Youth Coach
G1 Climbing + Fitness in Broomfield, CO is an employee-centric organization that fundamentally believes that if employees are treated well and love to come to work, then that will positively impact not only their work and personal well-being, but also positively impact our customers’ experience. It is important to G1 that we have someone who is career oriented, invested in the success of the gym and their own personal development, and is intrinsically motivated with a strong work ethic.
We are currently accepting applications for recreational coaches for our recreational youth teams. We offer competitive pay to encourage employees to stay with us for the long haul as we grow into even more facilities. We also offer full-time employees benefits including paid time off (PTO) and health, life, and dental insurance. The recreational youth coach position is part time that could be turned into full-time work with additional route setting or front desk responsibilities if so desired.
Ideal candidates would be equally passionate about climbing as they are about kids. Some coaching experience or work with kids is preferred. Having extensive knowledge of climbing technique and terminology is helpful, along with the ability to properly communicate and teach those techniques to youth team members. The assistant coach’s responsibility is to keep the kids on task while simultaneously pushing and motivating them to progress as a climber and young adult. Youth coaches are in charge of running their own team each day. Lesson plans are made up ahead of time by the Head Youth Coach. While following the curriculum, recreational youth coaches should also pass on their own knowledge and excitement for climbing, as well as offer input on how to continuously improve the youth program. Youth coaches report directly to the Head Youth Coach with oversight from the Programs Director.
- Enthusiastic about working with children
- Implement lessons created by the Head Youth Coach
- Gain awareness of each participant’s skill levels and needs, and adjust practices to meet those individual needs.
- Provide that adjustment feedback to the Head Youth Coach
- Interact with parents and provide feedback
- Enforce G1’s policies in a friendly, patient, and respectful manner. This includes enforcing safe climbing practices, recognizing unsafe conditions, and discussing any concerns with fellow coaches and participants in a professional manner
- Be able to work nights and weekends
- Keep practice engaging and fun for all participants, regardless of ability or competitive prowess
- Put the needs of all youth team members first and foremost
Above all – encourage all climbers by creating a supportive, safe, and fun environment. This goes beyond your personal rapport with each climber and must be visible program wide
- Complete additional tasks and responsibilities as directed by facility management
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This is an hourly position ranging from $13-$15. A performance review is conducted 60 days from hire-date and then bi-annually thereafter.
To apply, please email a cover letter and résumé that includes three references to email@example.com. G1 Climbing + Fitness is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org