Website Earth Treks/Planet Granite/Movement El Cap Climbing+Fitness
We create community, share passion, and inspire philanthropy
Come join a growing organization of Climbing/Yoga/Fitness Gyms across the country! El Cap’s mission is to Create Community, Share Passion, and Inspire Philanthropy. We are committed to the communities we serve and developing future leaders.
El Cap is committed to growing the climbing community through a shared vision for outstanding customer service, inspirational designs, and highly engaged communities. El Cap gyms feature bouldering, top-roping and lead climbing, as well as amenities like yoga studios, functional fitness and cardio zones, childcare, and retail pro shops. Each facility caters to participants of all abilities – from competitive athletes to weekend adventurers and families. Presently, El Cap is represented in greater Washington D.C., San Francisco, Denver, Chicago, Dallas, Fountain Valley, and Portland. We are looking to build an extraordinary team to enable our continued growth and strive to hire individuals who are aligned with our core values of passion, integrity, innovation, partnership, and inclusion.
Routesetters are responsible for creating and maintaining the excellence of El-Cap’s core product. Routesetters must have a greater understanding of climbing, allowing them to create a quality, fluid and universally enjoyed product that meets our member and guests’ needs. Routesetters report directly to the Assistant Director of Setting of their home gym, and are responsible for managing the workflow of their day in an efficient and productive manner.
- Must work a minimum of 30 hours/week or 120 hours per month
- Setting typically takes place Monday-Friday. Full time setters are asked to set 3-5 days a week depending on the needs of gym rotation and commitments to other positions.
- Must be available to travel to all regional locations, with a home base at one location.
- Sets 1-3 days per week as needed
- Be available to work at all regional locations but will be assigned a primary location.
- Arrive at work on-time and ready to work
- Set-up setting area (boundaries, fixed lines, etc)
- Adhere to all work place safety as instructed
- Strip wall sections
- Wash and sort dirty holds
- Meet the setting quota for each day (# of routes/problems, meet efficiency)
- Maintain El Cap’s quality of product and aesthetic standards
- Maintain a tidy setting area throughout the day
- Climbing and grading the routes/problems set that day
- Be open to feedback and constructive criticism from peers and members
- Be willing to make the necessary changes to meet El Cap’s quality and safety standards
- Ensure all routes and boulders are safe and all routes and problems can be executed in a manner that is appropriate for that grade and are accessible to a wide range of customers.
- Area clean up
- Assist with Safety Inspections; logging accordingly
Setting the system board
- Removing, cleaning and re-mounting hangboards
- Filling in with additional routes/problems as needed
- Maintaining the climbing area aesthetics
- Set for and work setting related events (Comps, Member Clinics, etc)
- Participate in community events when appropriate
- Attend required setter meetings
- Any additional projects as assigned
- Lead climbing proficiency
- Minimum 2-3 years setting experience preferred
- Ability to test and evaluate the accessibility, quality, and difficulty of climbs across a wide variety of styles. Ability to climb at least 5.12 and V6 in multiple styles preferred, but not required with the appropriate skillset.
- Strong desire to be a better climber and setter by gaining a greater understanding of climbing movement and the craft of routesetting
- Encourage and follow safe practices at all times
Strong work ethic, self-motivated and able to manage own workflow, and attention to detail
- Work well in a team environment
- Bring a positive attitude to work every day
- Must pass a belay safety check prior to employment
Even if you don’t match 100% of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply and highlight your transferable skills and experience.
- Full-Time hourly position (min 30 hrs/week)
- Compensation: range beginning at $19 per hour and can vary depending on experience and skillset
- Benefits include sick, vacation, health, disability, 401k
- Free membership, free plus-one membership, in-gym discounts, guest visits, and pro-deals
El Cap is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.