Website DYNO Detroit
DYNO Detroit, Detroit’s first commercial climbing gym located in the beloved Eastern Market District and featuring over 17,000 sq.ft. of roped climbing and bouldering is looking for a General Manager to join our team. Detroit is a special place to be right now; there is so much pride for this city, so much to discover and our climbing gym is electrified with a wonderfully passionate community of climbers. We are a new business that is learning and growing more each day, and we’re looking for a qualified general manager to help move us forward along this exciting path. If this sounds like something you could be a part of, then continue on!
- Adopt a culture of safety mindset at all times, prioritizing risk management as our first means of ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Oversee daily business operations including: scheduling, hiring, employee training, payroll, gym communications and facility maintenance.
- Become proficient in Rock Gym Pro, Homebase and Gusto.
- Serve as the point person for our welcome desk staff, climbing instructors and routesetters; delegating responsibility, training and supporting staff as needed.
- Maintain excellent customer service standards, always ensuring our gym maintains a warm, welcoming and professional environment for all individuals entering our space.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvement, market strategies and policy implementation.
- Manage retail section by ensuring adequate stock, accurate inventory and looking to bring on new product.
- A passion for climbing and desire to always learn more. Climbing experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience managing people in a climbing gym, fitness gym, retail store or fine(r) dining restaurant/bar environment is required.
- Excellent communication skills to connect calmly, compassionately and effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Maintaining a positive, upbeat attitude and ethics which support our values and culture are required for this role.
- Ability to manage a fast-paced, high-volume, clean, risk-aware, customer-focused workplace.
- Experience with Rock Gym Pro or other POS software, Homebase, Gusto, Quickbooks, Google Suite is preferred
- Night and weekend availability may be required as these are our most demanding hours
- This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position paying $43-$50k annually
- Healthcare will be provided after 60 days of employment (BCN HMO Gold), includes dental
- 2-weeks (80 hrs) PTO for first year of employment
Applicants, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to reading your application, thank you for your interest and time. Climb on!
DYNO Detroit is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com