Bouldering Project’s mission is to foster meaningful human connection with the most inspiring and inclusive climbing, movement, and community spaces. We care deeply about humans. We’re driven by the pursuit of better. We create joyful places and pathways for climbing, fitness, yoga, and social experiences that inspire people to challenge themselves and engage in a lifestyle centered around health, friendship, and purpose.
The Sr. Communications Manager will work closely with senior leadership across the organization to develop, write, and execute internal and external communications strategies that reflect our company values and mission.
This role will provide thoughtful and timely communications strategy and respond to employee (internal) and customer (external) needs with an approach that consistently adds value to our employee and customer relationships. Additionally, this person will lead and execute all Media communications, from writing press releases on important BP announcements to handling in-bound inquiries.
This role will be a critical team member within the Marketing organization, but will work closely with teams across the organization, and specifically all senior leaders. The work will include but not be limited to: internal company presentations, employee onboarding documentation, customer emails, sensitive social media topics, and in-gym corporate (values, mission) communications.
This is a hybrid role that will ideally be located in Austin, Seattle or Salt Lake City.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to lead and bolster the internal and external voice of the brand.
- Create values driven copy for, marketing, HR, media (PR) and other vital departments.
- Consult with executive management to develop effective communication procedures and policies for various situations or crises.
- Create impactful decks, press releases, and talking points following organizational news.
- Write letters, interdepartmental memos and other business correspondence.
- Communicate with media outlets and journalists and create press kits as needed.
- Develop materials to educate staff on communication practices.
- Monitor the progress and efficacy of various communications strategies.
- 3-5+ years experience in communications, public relations, advertising, journalism, marketing or related field with Business to Consumer entity.
- Experience working within Marketing and People/HR (internal and external) communication platforms.
- Strong acumen in written and verbal comms.
- Experience in traditional PR communications (experience writing press releases).
- Skilled in building impactful PowerPoint, keynote, or google slides presentations.
- Experience building or leading efforts to develop DEI tools and language.
- Strong understanding of audience mapping.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- This is a salaried FTE position; employer subsidized health insurance
- Generous PTO benefits Gym memberships for you and a partner
- Gear and merchandise discounts in-store and at local retailers Health and well-being programs
- A work environment where community, respect, and balance are core
Many duties require the availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs and events, including possible evenings and weekends. Duties often occur before and after regular business hours. Occasional travel is required to support landmark events at various BPs.
Bouldering Project strives to embody equal opportunity in our workplaces. We believe that different perspectives and identities strengthen our communities and unlock our potential.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.