Website The Circuit Bouldering Gym
The Circuit is a special company, comprised of three large bouldering gyms in the Portland Metro area. We are all about community, authenticity, and passion for the sport we share. We pride ourselves on being determined, inventive, and original.
We are looking for a self-motivated head routesetter that can help craft our culture, promote our values, and accomplish our goals. We need someone that understands the unique communities that form in climbing gyms and the needs of our customers who come in for so much more than a workout. There is no limit to what this job may entail- flexibility, understanding, and determination will be expected. Previous route setting and management experience is necessary, and experience setting within a large gym environment is preferred. Extensive business knowledge and customer service skills are required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a passionate, caring, and mindful leader/role model to our setting crew and staff.
- Train and support the setting crew and our program needs.
- Set safe, fun, and high quality boulder problems weekly at our 3 locations with our customer base in mind.
- Forerun, tweak, and grade all problems with a cohesive group decision making structure.
- Oversee and help with the maintenance and development of our walls and gym facilities.
- Keep strong open lines of communication with staff, setters, and management.
- Manage the setting department – budget, payroll, setter scheduling, reviews, supplies, tools, holds.
- Be receptive to all forms of feedback and always seek to improve yourself, our community and it’s programs.
- 3-5 years of setting and management experience.
- Highly organized, motivated, and goal oriented.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Competitive setting experience is a plus.
- Be readily available for large Circuit Gym events.
- Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance.
If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com