Website Earth Treks Climbing and Fitness
Sharing Our Passion For Climbing
CAREER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our gyms are not just a place to workout, they are a hub for communities, for friends, families, and avid athletes alike. By providing a variety of activities, from yoga to fitness, and of course climbing, we aim to inspire people to try new things and to embrace a healthy active lifestyle.
Providing the best customer experience is our top priority, and to that end, we look for great people. We value honesty and, at the risk of sounding dorky, genuinely good people. We seek strong talent, confidence and encourage outside-the-box thinking. No matter the title, everyone rolls-up their sleeves and gets the job done. We define a successful person as one who can collaborate and work with team members, as well as think individually and dream up new ideas. It’s important to be proactive, but more importantly, to stay true to who we are and our roots.
Earth Treks and Planet Granite are growing fast. We are looking to build an extraordinary team that will enable us to grow and maintain our Vibe that is the core of who we are.
A SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The gym leadership team is comprised of the Gym Director and Asst. Directors. As a team, they are primarily responsible for ensuring that the gym functions smoothly, all staff are supported and upholding our Core Values and that we are providing an excellent customer experience.
The Gym Director will report to the VP of Climbing Center Operations – Central. They will work with this person to establish goals for the gym and use them as a resource for the growth of their respective gym.
Our Englewood gym will be the largest gym in our company. This new gym will be in a 53,000 square foot building that hosts separate yoga and fitness studios, child care, full retail shop, and an amazing 40,000+ square feet of climbing.
The ideal candidate will have a balance of great customer service and leadership skills, as well as excellent administrative abilities. Proven success in developing and managing a high performing team in a fast-paced environment and the ability to see the big picture as well as the everyday details are essential to being a successful gym director. We’re looking for someone who can be part of a highly collaborative team, but also think and execute independently.
- Provides leadership and direction to all climbing center staff in alignment with our mission, vision and values.
- Recruits, hires, develops and mentors service-oriented, collaborative, passionate team made up of gym leaders, front desk and event staff, coaches and yoga and fitness instructors.
- Manages the overall facility including maintenance, cleanliness, routes, retail, programming and community events.
- Initiates and implements processes, protocols and procedures to ensure the gym runs in an effective and service- oriented manner while meeting financial goals.
- Ensures the team is supported and through them, the gym runs smoothly: all administrative needs are met and all staff are trained and supported, and our members and guests’ experience is awesome.
- Works proactively to build relationships in the community to drive membership growth and retention.
- Leads by example and serves as a shift supervisor for the climbing center as part of a rotating management schedule.
- Prior experience managing a gym/fitness oriented facility including direct supervision of a large staff.
- Knowledge of climbing center operations including retail, routes and programming.
- Demonstrated relationships within the climbing community and the ability to leverage those relationships to build a strong community in the gym.
- Embodies the mission, vision and values and is able to foster this sense of culture in all staff.
- Ability to work weekends and nights, longer days and events.
- Ability to build a strong staff community and develop future leaders.
- Ability to work independently and juggle competing priorities.
- Ability to solve problems and handle difficult situations with sound judgment.
- Proficient in organizational tools such as web-based applications, MS Office and POS tools.
Have a passion for climbing, willingness to work hard, and a desire to spread their enthusiasm for the sport. Have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients of all ages and abilities. Provide excellent customer service for both children and adults.
TO BE CONSIDERED:
Email your resume and cover letter to Jeff Ceccacci: [email protected]
VP of Integration + New Gym Operations
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.earthtreksclimbing.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/2018_ET_Employment_Job-Posting_Director_Englewood_0731_ETPG.pdf →